Global Macro Trading (runnermint)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by runnermint, Jun 1, 2013.

1. USD strength seems to be coming on board prior to FOMC

Market indices as of yesterday seem to show some buying strength

Market participants look like they are pricing in that Bernanke will make some dovish comments for a rally resumption

#31     Jun 18, 2013
  2. crude oil seems interesting. i'm short bias at this point in time

#32     Jun 18, 2013
  3. stopped out in short Swiss Francs

funny how i got stopped out twice in Swissy when the first couple of hours after both trades were initiated gave it a good run and market turned and decided to hit my stop point eventually. oh well, it might just mean that market sentiment for Swissy is long bias

#33     Jun 18, 2013
  4. long Euro

#34     Jun 18, 2013
  5. closed my short JPY position. didn't like the price action. still holding on with my long EUR position

#35     Jun 18, 2013
  6. 3m eurodollar and steepening yield curve seems to be pricing in the tapering story

#36     Jun 19, 2013
  7. stopped out in long EUR position

#37     Jun 19, 2013
  8. the "tapering" correlations across the major asset classes is back at this point in time

#38     Jun 19, 2013
  9. What is your take on yesterday's fed meeting, runnermint?

I was expecting them to remove QE slowly later that year, but I was a little surprised that they actually laid out their exact plan. What surprised me even more was the market's reaction yesterday and today, I can't believe how reliant they have become on the fed. It's ridiculous that the market's main driver for the last 4 years has basically been monetary policy.
    I went short government bond futures yesterday and expect yields to soar quite a bit over the remainder of this year. I was also tempted to short the S&P, but I have made bad experiences being short equity indices, the equity bulls will always come back after some time.

#39     Jun 20, 2013
  10. Visaria

Visaria

I'm far more interested in your value of x. Can you say what it is and why you chose it?

#40     Jun 21, 2013