Global Macro Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Daal, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Daal

Daal

Took advantage of this weakness in China stocks to buy more KWEB and CNYA (LSE)

#8561     Mar 25, 2021
  2. Daal

Daal

Just found an IPO I plan to invest in

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1841644/000121390021022408/ff12021_picsltd.htm

Picpay (PICS) is a great Brazilian payment app company. Its like the WeChat of Brazil, except for the Chat part. As a regular user of this app I cant pass this opportunity. These guys know how to keep up with technology and innovate, they have been exploding since Covid19. In a big city almost everywhere you go you can pay with the app, and users tend to become fans of it due incentive bonuses (cashbacks) they give (which is similar to the Amazon playbook of losing money to build a giant fan base)

"Household name in Brazil

We believe we are a household name in Brazil. Our brand was recognized by 68% of Brazilian adults surveyed by Google/Kyra/MosaicLab in August 2020. We also ranked first in the “Top of Mind” survey of payment apps and digital wallets in Brazil conducted by Ginger between December 2020 and January 2021. When asked which brand of payment app or digital wallet came to mind, approximately 26% of respondents in this survey named our application, placing us ahead of PayPal (25%) and MercadoPago (7%), among others, In addition, we were named the “Best Super App,” and “Best Fintech” in Brazil by a popular vote conducted by IBest in 2020."

They are playing the tech game right, lose money, expand like crazy and achieve network effects/first mover advantage. Anyone in Brazil can download this app and have a bank account, with very little documentation. Its like Bitcoin for Fiat, they bank the underbanked

But I also think there is the chance that they will enable crypto inside their app. Venmo and the Cash app are showing its the way to go, I think there is a decent chance they will join given how up to date on tech they are. If they do crypto, then this thing will go to the moon. I dont know when they would do that and whether the Central Bank would let them (Crypto exchanges have no issue getting banking services in Brazil so its a good sign) but I think they want to.

I plan to buy a few percent, add a bit more if it tanks and then put a large trailing stop (60%) and ride it for as long as possible

#8562     Apr 22, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  3. Daal

Daal

#8563     Apr 26, 2021
  4. Daal

Daal

upload_2021-4-29_18-9-54.png

#8564     Apr 29, 2021
  5. Daal

Daal

[​IMG]

That will be a very difficult trend to reverse

#8565     Apr 30, 2021
  6. Daal

Daal

So I took a look at this Uranium trade and I like what I see

I dabbled in uranium before, not sucessfuly, but not there is the catalyst that I was hoping for. Massive consolidation/bankruptcies in the industry. According to this guy, there were hundreds of Uranium companies many years ago and now there is 40. To me, that is a sign of a market that has reached its bottom.
    So the potential here is high because we reached a point of maximum pessimism and now things started to turn as share prices broke out of a 5 year range.
    I put 3% into this trade. Half on URNM and half into actual uranium through TSE:U
    Hopefully it 3-5 bags from here. If I lose half of my capital, I will probably bail, so there is a decent risk-reward

#8566     May 4, 2021
  7. Daal

Daal

Also, being a commodity, it might benefit from the cyclical flows into the commodity sector

#8567     May 4, 2021
  8. Daal

Daal

#8568     May 4, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  9. Daal

Daal

https://www.zerohedge.com/political...s-and-all-developed-countries-combined-report

China Pollutes More Than US And All Developed Countries Combined: Report

This is perhaps why China is set to create more nuclear power plants in the coming years than any other nation. Nuclear power actually emits less CO2 than Solar

[​IMG]

Thats the good (and bad) thing about China, they do the right thing, regardless of what people think. Nuclear isn't perfect but its about choosing your poison. Its better to deal with nuclear waste than a never ending emission of greenshouse gases. And China seems to be leading the way on Nuclear

upload_2021-5-7_8-41-55.png

U/C is under construction
    I plan to monitor to see if others will follow

#8569     May 7, 2021
  10. Daal

Daal

Druck: USD will lose reserve status

#8570     May 11, 2021