Global Macro Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Daal, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Daal

Daal

I'm seeing right now a presentation in Brazil talking about US high yield where they used some formulas based off historical regressions to extract the implied US default rate based off current junk bond market pricing. And its around 5-7% implied. The realized is already at 5% and in 2009 it reached 13%. And I'm sure this ridiculous overvaluation is also effecting the price of the equity of many companies (since they are competing assets)
    The Fed has been successful at detaching the market from fundamentals

#8311     Jun 18, 2020
  2. Daal

Daal

I would just like to remind you that a similar thesis is the reason why Glassman and Hassett thought the Dow would go to 36,000

#8312     Jun 18, 2020
  3. Daal

Daal

https://markets.businessinsider.com...-buffett-berkshire-hathaway-2020-6-1029349522

This is an interesting investment opportunity to be analyzed in the future. Whether Chamath is doing that because he wants others to have an opportunity to invest in the earlier stage tech world or whether he wants liquidity to cash out remains to be seen. I suspect its the later as he seems to be a typical Silicon Valley asshole but I'm open to be shown wrong and invest

#8313     Jun 29, 2020
  4. Specterx

Specterx

It's just empire-building megalomania. My own thinking is that Buffett's story was a product of his time. Trying to imitate him or his investment method and expecting similar results in the 21st century is a sign of an egomaniac more than anything else - and therefore a signal to run away as fast as you can!

#8314     Jun 29, 2020
  5. Daal

Daal

#8316     Jun 30, 2020
  6. Daal

Daal

The challenge is access to instruments to trade that. I do not see HKD or Saudi Rial options on IB. Even USDCAD options (through CAD futures) dont go out that far. So maybe way OTM gold calls is all that is left

#8317     Jun 30, 2020
  7. Daal

Daal

#8318     Jul 2, 2020
  8. Specterx

Specterx

The activists at the top of the food chain get support and funding from wealthy benefactors and their foundations. Check out the "Thousand Currents" NGO. Seemingly everything is being canceled or destroyed, yet we don't hear one word about taxes on the rich, health care etc etc. At the moment it seems the plutocrats have things well contained. One might even say it's all working very well as a distraction...

#8319     Jul 2, 2020
  9. Daal

Daal

[​IMG]
    Interesting

#8320     Jul 23, 2020