Global Futures vs. Velocity vs. Advantage Futures

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Bessn Reloaded, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Global Futures is currently most reliable in my eyes,here why or why not for them and others.Like to see your opinion.Im high volume trader using x-trader soft..
    Global:
    + customer service
    + margin (500)
    + possibilty to hold funds in two biggest clearing banks
    Velocity:
    + x-trader discount and offers...
    + margin (500)

- "Velocity Futures, L.P. is a futures commission merchant and holds customer's funds and clears all customer trades" ... Im a bit scared to imagine they can "manage" my funds

-opening account appl.,takes just 2 minutes,no W-8 BEN form for me as US non resident,no risk disclosure,no need of ANY ID copy or signed forms...hmmmm...to simpe,isn´t it?Bur maybe Im wrong....
    Advantages:
    + one of biggest broker in 2005 for cbot (they was #1-200 mil ctr traded)
    + looks like they are really focused very personal for any client but response takes a few days

- a bit higher margin (1000)
    - terrible web info about withdrawal,bank...FAQ....

I apreciate every opinion.

:cool:

2. esmjb

esmjb

i've cleared advantage in the past. they were excellent, good tech reliability and support. if you want to take money out they can cut you a check that day, provided you still have enough to meet margin in your acct.

global and velocity, im not too familair with but they seem to appeal to the more "retail" type trader, whereas advantage would definitely be better for a more serious, professional trader...in my opinion.

3. yes,looks like.

4. globalfutures

globalfutures Global Futures Exchange <br>& Trading Company

For years Global Futures catered to smaller retail accounts. However, we have decided to publish our commission rates and have started servicing institutionals clients, hedge funds, CTA, high volume individuals and other industry professional.
    On Jan 05, 2006 we did 8.50% of all E mini Russell cleared world wide. On November 8th 2005, we did 14% of the E mini Russell cleared world wide. We have published our rates for X_trader users the platform of choice for professional traders.
    Here is our new pricing structure for X_trader users:

http://www.globalfutures.com/webforms/matrix.asp

5. esmjb

esmjb

so you probably have one big e-mini russel trader as the volume in that is tiny.

6. globalfutures:

Thats means that these commossions I can get without Electronic Corporate Membership?? It sounds very good.

7. esmjb:

LOL,good joke.

8. globalfutures:

hmmm but Im member of GHCO as I mentioned in other thread,not RCG.Are this comm.,also for "me"?

9. why not compare IB with these 3 firms ?

their unbundled commissions rate is low

if you do volume

10. SethArb:

first of all - margin
    second thing - no x-trade available.

Im high volume trader.

#10     Mar 4, 2006