global futures exchange and trading co.

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by arb707, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Global has been pretty good. Rick Kontra is a good broker and will do you good Never had many issues that big with them.

I like Strategy Runner with its all in one charting software etc....pretty good deal IMHO !

#11     Oct 31, 2007
  2. I like TransAct, I use Pro Active Futures as the IB. It's in-house software. One thing I really don't like about Ninja, used it for 18 months. When there is a problem it's a finger pointing scenario between you, them, and your broker. This was with both Zen Fire and Velocity using TT feed.Ninja overall is good, but that one problem that will never go away. I don't auto trade or backtest so I don't need those features from NT. TransAct has all of the other features Ninja has. TA data might be a fraction of a second slower than TT or Zen, but it only matters when you are scalping, which I no longer do anyway.

One other thing NT is .net and that's resource hog, it needs a dedicated computer.

#12     Oct 31, 2007
  3. scurvy

scurvy

Really? Funny, my computer is 5 years old, runs NinjaTrader (using Pats and opentick), ThinkOrSwim, and MB Trading Navigator all on the same machine. Does totally fine. Never bumps above 15-17% CPU utilization.

Sounds like user error or an ancient computer.

#13     Oct 31, 2007
  4. Nope sorry neither. Was running on a Pent 4 3.2 ghz with 1 gig of RAM. It's well known that .net apps. take alot of resources. Just search around.

#14     Oct 31, 2007
  5. scurvy

scurvy

Eh, a gig of RAM? 1GB DIMMs cost what, $40 now? No excuse not to have at least 2GB of RAM. Even then, if all you're doing is running NT and Windows, 1GB should be more than fine. NT rarely has a working set larger than 98MB for me. Sounds like there were a lot of other apps running in the background.

#15     Nov 1, 2007
  6. If you trade the ES futures, what is your all-in RT commission/fee total? They do not publish "standard" commissions. The fees are standard throughout the industry; it is the commissions that vary.

#16     Dec 9, 2007