global futures exchange and trading co.

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by arb707, Oct 29, 2007.

1. arb707

arb707

Hello All,

Just wondering what the consensus was out there of Global Futures? I am relatively new to trading. I traded through a broker before, then had an account with Interactive Brokers, but I didn't like the fact that you couldn't trade globex or ecbot products with them. Is Global Futures good for a relative newbie looking to trade products on the electronic exchanges? Also, not necessarily high-volume. Thanks.

2. cstfx

cstfx

Are you sure?

3. arb707

arb707

I couldn't. Whenever I tried to put the globex symbols in, it wouldn't accept it. Were you able to?

4. Mamet

Mamet

If you don't subscribe to Globex data you wont be able to view the quotes.

5. IB certainly allows trading of GLOBEX and eCBOT products. In fact, they transmit significant percentages of the volume for those exchanges.

6. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

I light up the GLOBEX every day with IB.

7. arb707

arb707

Okay, let me rephrase the question then, what is a good platform/broker for basically a newbie that has low transactional costs and preferably no monthly charges? Is global futures good or should I just go back to interactive brokers? Thanks.

8. scurvy

scurvy

I use Global as one of my futures brokers using NinjaTrader. Haven't had any issues so far. They're really just an introducing broker to RCG. No monthly fees and my all-in RT fees are pretty decent for the volume I do.

However, I don't do all of my trading through a single broker. It's not wise to put all of your eggs in one basket.

9. arb707

arb707

Thanks for the info. Since I am essentially a newbie, I'm not too worried about doing all my trades through a single broker since my volume will not be very high (and I'm guessing you use multiple brokers because you don't want your strategy figured out?). As I am also looking to open only a relatively small account for now, it seems like global futures is the best way to go since they don't have account minimums.

Also, I apologize for my ignorance, but what are all-in RT fees?

10. Check out Mirus, Dorman, Velocity, and Spike....all pretty darn good and you can get NinjaTrader.

#10     Oct 31, 2007