Global Colding..........

Discussion in 'Economics' started by spinn, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

2. the manufacture of cfc was banned. since it was manufactured in the west the use of it eventually died. since then alternatives have been manufactured that are safe and better so no one misses it.

#22     Dec 8, 2009
  3. It actually didn't fix it fast... the hole is still growing and was at its biggest ever in 2006, it is expected to fully recover after 2005. But since we identified the problem and found a solution and now that solution is taking effect (the hole is not increasing at an increasingly faster rate), no one is talking about it.

5yr

#23     Dec 8, 2009
  4. ok. let me simply stop posting so you dont need to correct me again. :)

#24     Dec 8, 2009
  5. The weather over the last many years here at Lake Tahoe has been getting colder the last few years. This last spring summer was the coldest i ever experienced flyfishing the Sierra. We have a huge damsel fly hatch on one of my favorite lakes and the bugs didn't come off because the weather was so called. I never saw that in my 48 years of flyfishing. No bugs?????
    Right now we are also experiencing the coldest storm that we have ever had this early. It is COLD!!!!

#25     Dec 8, 2009
  6. Flagstaff Arizona has a ski resort, I would hope they are getting snow.

Do you always evaluate complex scientific problems by stepping out your front door and seeing what the weather is like?

Hmmm... you aren't originally from Punxsutawney are you?

[​IMG]

#26     Dec 8, 2009
  7. spinn

spinn

Will the global warming experts on this thread explain how i was wrong...I just dont see it.

#27     Feb 9, 2010
  8. GTS

GTS

You are wrong because colding isn't a word.

#28     Feb 9, 2010
  9. Lethn

Lethn

It would be Global cooling really wouldn't it? :p

I am really fucking skeptical though of this whole global warming idea, not in the "It couldn't possibly exist" sense. More in the "It need more research by actual scientists and not government institutions". I'm definitely for the whole idea of renewable energy sources since I don't at all like the monopoly over fossil fuels right now and frankly I don't like the idea of smog clouds eventually appearing all over the planet because of how much we use them which are the more obvious environment effects.

I like to take a realistic approach when it comes to environmentalism but I'm not fucking retarded enough to believe reports only coming from the government who just seem to be turning this into an issue instead of actually investigating it.

#29     Feb 9, 2010