Global civil wars and hyperinflation.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by rothschild, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Mav88

Mav88

For those confused & lacking a classical education (esp. in geopolitics/statehood), OP's thought train refers to the failure of capitalistic democracies as they evolve into capitalistic plutocracies & then fail with economic implosion, nescessitating currency debasement which implies the risk of hyperinflation. Simplifying the matter somewhat, the next evolution is a fascist state.

Liberal arts academics- it must be nice to get paid to make sweeping generalizations on a couple of data points and come off sounding authoritative.

#21     Jan 24, 2009
  2. 1. Not an academic, but thanks for the complement.

2. Just posting the argument behind the original poster's post - I saw no need to have it be obscured or obtuse. I did not imply my tacit agreement.

3. Want to trade global macro? You need to understand what the regional elites are influenced by & look @ policy measures to anticipate their moves & movement of capital. IOW, lots of reading. That doesn't = academia.

instead of making incorrect assumptions, would you care to contribute a well-reasoned opinion to the debate?

#22     Jan 25, 2009
  3. Facism is a vague word.

You say education is good facism, not sure I get that but I agree it's good.

Some law and order in the markets would be good too, otherwise there would be no confidence.

You might be equating facism with nationalism. Many of our economic woes should lead to questions about immigration and globalism. Those questions need to be asked. What is a nation? We are tribal animals. It does not require intolerance. Plenty of room too for misguided pious optimists who believe otherwise- it's a free country right? What irks me are those who exploit these concerns- if you question them then you are Hitler and they get richer.
    :eek: <-- We even have a Hitler smily!

#23     Jan 25, 2009

4. No doubt that we are at the end of a 500 cycle that started around 1450 (end of the middle ages, start of globalization)--culturally as well as economically.

Is the next leg facism? I sadly have to agree. What type of facism? The kind that brings with it currency debasement (a la Soviet Union). That has not been proven by the OP. We could be facing an unprecedented form of government.

#24     Jan 25, 2009
  5. ...and they figured out the globe was round lol.

Like maybe a black facist lol...well more so than Bushs or Reagan on bread and butter issues, less so on social issues.

#25     Jan 26, 2009