Global Carbon Fiber Shortage and I want to PROFIT off of it

Discussion in 'Trading' started by CommercEngineer, Jun 16, 2005.

1. "I believe things are going to get worse (MUCH WORSE) before they get better. Additional production doesn't go online until 2008 and people are starting to hoard and stockpile the stuff."

I was under the impression this stuff doesnt keep to well overall, or is a few years ok?
    Would anyone want to use , or purchase years and years old carbon fibre?

#21     Apr 24, 2006
  2. SGG (SGL CARBON AG)----Enjoyed the inside info on Carbon Fiber....Here is my best guess on a pure Carbon Fiber play and it has association with Aerospace sector......

I have been long every titaniun (CRS, TIE, RTI, ATI, USAP, HON)company for some time now playing the rapid increase in new plane orders..... and today I bought 2K shares today at 6.45 of SGG after reading your post.....

BTW...Check out the quarter CRS just had today....Moved the whole sector (Steel Alloy) higher today.....

Posting@
    Forums--Trading for a living--Journal--WANT TO SHARE

91% 2006 Peformance (Whole Portfolio Located here)

• crs.gif
      File size:
      16.2 KB
      Views:
    #22     Apr 25, 2006
  3. Dry fiber keeps "OK." It gets more difficult to work with when it ages. When your living depends on it, you buy what you can buy. Pre-preg, fiber with resin film applied, what aerospace uses, does not keep for longer then 1 year usually and that is if stored inside a freezer.

FYI, I have standing orders for 100k worth of woven dry fiber from major suppliers, but have yet to get a fill since febuary. That's how I know it's so bad now. I tried to just play the raw fiber this year rather then stocks.

#23     Apr 25, 2006
  4. I totally missed out on the runs TIE and ATI have had. My friends at BA and IR tell me the Ti shortage is worse then the carbon and there's no additional production to go online. No excuse.

#24     Apr 25, 2006
  5. Well since Cramer Mentioned SGL Carbon (SGG) I would like to come back and say BOOYA......

He is dead on with this one and the member who started this thread is dead on with this sector...

This was posted as a response to my 4/25 post in this thread....

$COSTAverageMAN

• sgg.png
      File size:
      21.2 KB
      Views:
    #25     May 5, 2006