Global Carbon Fiber Shortage and I want to PROFIT off of it

Discussion in 'Trading' started by CommercEngineer, Jun 16, 2005.

1. JORGE

JORGE

While ZOLT looks like the riskiest out of the group, the Dec calls look kind of interesting if it pulls back. Thanks for the idea.

#11     Jun 17, 2005
  2. anyone watching ALDA today?

looks to be moving this morning. Bid's at 21.55 as of 9:55AM

#12     Jul 6, 2005
  3. Just an update and a question.. .

ALDA is up about 40% since I started the thread and I have recently exited the position. I will get back in at some point as it is a good company with room to grow. CYT is up about 10%. HXL has been up and down. I do have a nice gain on the block I picked up when it recently dipped under 16/share. I'm still holding because I think it goes higher.

I have put the ALDA money into ZOLT as I feel that its earnings this quarter should be strong. I also think it's going to jump like ALDAs did and I want to get as much as I can before earnings are released. I can't figure out when they are going to actually release the earnings. I figure historically, it should be in the middle of August, but can't find a hard date. Anyone know where I can find it? (I'm also curious about other companies in the future)

Thanks much!

#13     Aug 3, 2005
  4. and what do you guys think about the 06 12.50 calls on ZOLT?

#14     Aug 3, 2005
  5. nice call

#15     Aug 3, 2005
  6. #16     Aug 11, 2005
  7. In case anyone is curious I ended up buying $10 december calls for both ZOLT and HXL($20 strike for HXL).

Just a heads up to all you guys, you might want to keep an eye on ZOLT tomorrow. It was pushing $10/share HARD friday. Last time it broke through $10, it moved fast towards $12.

Thanks for reading.

#17     Sep 11, 2005
  8. Zolt broke through $12 today.

My contracts have more then doubled in value. YAY.

#18     Sep 29, 2005
  9. #19     Apr 24, 2006
  10. Hi CommercEngineer,

Hope you held some ZOLT. That stock has been a beast since early January.

Good luck with the ALDA earnings...keep us posted.

#20     Apr 24, 2006