Global Alpha to cut leverage, volatility and will limit its size after losses

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Goldman Sachs Group's largest hedge fund plans several changes after suffering big losses in August, according to a letter sent to investors by its managers.
    The Global Alpha fund, which handles roughly $6 billion, will reduce borrowing or leverage, aim for less volatile returns and restrict its size in future, managers Mark Carhart and Ray Iwanowski wrote in the letter, a copy of which was obtained by MarketWatch.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...EA-DD2B-4EED-B59C-8EAA2D887BA9}&dist=hplatest

What, no more fun with Global Alpha on the markets ? Come on, where will I get $$$$ for the maintenance of my Ferrari ?? Sh.t !!!! :confused: :confused:

2. It is sad that a $6 billion fund has not learned what an average daytrader learns the hard way...

3. It was 20B.

4. Translated, we will be mediocre.

CVSIX = "New" Global Alpha

:D

5. Not according to the link:

"The Global Alpha fund, which handles roughly $6 billion, will reduce borrowing or leverage, aim for less volatile returns and restrict its size in future, managers Mark Carhart and Ray Iwanowski wrote in the letter, a copy of which was obtained by MarketWatch. "

6. Cutten

Cutten

I believe this falls into the category of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

7. Daal

Daal

good thing they are fast

8. I'd say if you want someone to manage a failed hedgefund this would be how you'd want them to manage it.

9. Those two guys will get a 7-figure bonus instead of an 8-figure bonus at Christmas/Hannakah.

10. He meant: It used to be a lot bigger in size. Now it "only" handles $6 billion, it was way bigger before.

#10     Sep 20, 2007