glitch and madness in IB auto margin check/liquidation?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by NoMoreOptions, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Let me get this straight. You really don't have a deep in the money option. This whole complaint thread is devoted to a situation which does not exist. You really don't trade. You are a well known crank. If you were a real trader you might have a few extra thou in cash to margin your open positions.

If I recall your original situation QDZ, you got mad because IB closed your account when it went below $2,000.

And these other IB threads, is that you too? Tradesmith and Slave2MYT$?

#11     Sep 25, 2003
  2. def

def Sponsor

I'll give you any odds you'd like. It is normally not our policy to liquidate outside of normal trading hours. However, some markets are liquid and active after hours. Under rare occasions accounts, usually with LARGE leveraged positions, can suffer major losses over night that threaten to bring the account into a negative equity situation. We, like any broker, reserve the right to liquidate accounts if such occurrence occurs.

One last thought: If we were naive enough to manually liquidate an account on a 50% move which was a bad tick, do you think the trade would stand? Ya think there is a possibility that ISLD or INSTI would bust the trade?

#12     Sep 25, 2003