Glenn Beck on GS!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Jul 16, 2009.

1. fhl

fhl

Well then if Obama is doing nothing wrong, why does he need trillions to cover his deficits? Why is his treas sec begging the chinese to buy his debt?

The answer is quite simple. Without all of that Obama's agenda would suffer the same fate as LEH and BSC.

#31     Jul 17, 2009
  2. the1

the1

No argument here. Wall Street and Washington are one and the same. Where do Washington's leaders come from? GS.

If you cut off the US's ability to issue debt the country collapses. The entire US system depends on the ability of the Fed and the Government to create money at will. There is going to be a dear price to pay when that piece of the puzzle is no longer available.

#32     Jul 17, 2009
  3. This guy is an alcoholic college dropout and you're listening to his opinions on anything?

GS makes a great Villian-- we can blame them for our trading losses and politicians can feign outrage to generate populist support.

#33     Jul 17, 2009
  4. the1

the1

If you are referring to me I finished college :D And to boot, now I teach college :mad: And now that you've offended me I have to run out and buy a 40oz of Old E :p

#34     Jul 17, 2009
  5. Not you, fella, the dude in the video

#35     Jul 17, 2009
  6. the1

the1

Well hell, I'm doing the 40oz anyway :(

#36     Jul 17, 2009
  7. piezoe

piezoe

Actually they have been shown by the courts to have been guilty of Fraud. Too bad the judgments have been only in the millions. But the suits are not over by a long shot. They sold CDO's that they knew were bad. The proof is that they took out insurance (CDS) on the crap they were selling (after the sold it!) I hope they are looking at billions in judgments against them. Let us hope so.

#37     Jul 17, 2009
  8. piezoe

piezoe

The courts have seen it differently. GS has already had to pay plaintiffs for their fraudulent activities, but the amounts paid, so far, have been tiny compared to the money made hawking CDO's that they knew were bad, because they took out insurance (CDO's) that would pay off when these same CDO's that they sold to sucker pension funds went bad. They also had a hand in castrating the CFTC using Phil Gramm to do their bidding. The courts have already shown their activities to be fraudulent (see the July issue of "Rolling Stone"), but they have found it more profitable to break the law now and prevaricate later. Glad to see them getting the exposure they fully deserve.

#38     Jul 17, 2009
  9. piezoe

piezoe

See the July issue of "Rolling Stone." The article is posted somewhere in a thread on ET as well.

#39     Jul 17, 2009
  10. piezoe

piezoe

The story is just now picking up steam. It started with an Article in the July issue of Rolling Stone, then a piece this week on PBS re that article.. The Stone article is likely the source of most of Beck's information. One thing left out of the Stone article was the tampering with the weighting of gasoline futures in the GSCI right after Paulson went to Treasury. That caused the price of gasoline to plummet just prior to the election of Bush to his second term.

#40     Jul 17, 2009