Glenn Beck on GS!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Jul 16, 2009.

1. +1

#21     Jul 17, 2009
  2. Neither is theft, murder or torture under those conditions.

#22     Jul 17, 2009
  3. If AIG received the $170 B to pay off smart banks that properly hedged their risks, then that is what they use it for. GS only received about $13B of the 170B, so there were other banks that were smart enough to hedge, also. Where is the "populist rage" against the banks that took home the other $157B?

#23     Jul 17, 2009
  4. CET

CET

Many of them were not hedging. They bought the CDSs purely for speculation.

#24     Jul 17, 2009
  5. dhpar

dhpar

that's how i make my living as well...

#25     Jul 17, 2009

6. You voted for obammy, didn't you????? If so, I'm not surprised you are confused, as obammy voters are such a "wise" group, always able to assess the knowledge level of others when they themselves are unable to correctly answer simple questions. Oh, the irony!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyvqhdllXgU

#26     Jul 17, 2009
  7. the1

the1

True or not, he's right on cue here. I would be interested to know how much influence GS has on Ivy League MBA admissions.

#27     Jul 17, 2009
  8. the1

the1

If GS did nothing wrong why did they need TARP money? Why did they need a massive infusion from Buffett and Co.? Why did they have to convert to a Bank Holding Company? Why did AIG have to be bailed? The answer is quite simple. Without all of that GS would have suffered the same fate as LEH and BSC.

#28     Jul 17, 2009
  9. CET

CET

My post does not reference anything but Glenn Beck, so it is clear of what value you will be with your postings.

#29     Jul 17, 2009

10. Actually, your post attacked the messenger and ignored the message. I simply placed your "assessment" into perspective.

#30     Jul 17, 2009