Glenn Beck Mental Illness Rages On: " "Obama Better For Country Than McCain"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Glenn Beck will fade from the scene faster than Joey Butaffuco. Bank it.

The guy's either a melodrama fraudster, or truly nuttier than a fruitcake (from Herrod's, no less).

#21     Sep 25, 2009
  2. a phony plain and simple.

#22     Sep 25, 2009
  3. Pardon me, but to make such a statement you'd have to be either (A) a blind, close-minded Libtard partisan, or (B) brain dead.

Voters with your mentality is why we've had such ASSHOLES for President as Bush and now Obama... :mad:

Your proclamation is SO INCREDIBLY STUPID, this one post gets you on my IGNORE list... but don't feel too badly, there are many others.

#23     Sep 25, 2009
  4. he is not a phony. he believes the nonsense he spews. that makes him even worse than a phony. here is where his ideology came from:

Meet the man who changed Glenn Beck's life
    Cleon Skousen was a right-wing crank whom even conservatives despised. Then Beck discovered him

By Alexander Zaitchik

Willard Cleon Skousen was born in 1913 to American parents in a small Mormon frontier town in Alberta, Canada. When he was 10 his family moved to California, where he remained until he shipped off to England and Ireland for Mormon missionary work. In 1935, after graduating from a California junior college, the 23-year-old Skousen moved to Washington, where he worked briefly for a New Deal farm agency. He then began a 15-year career with the FBI, also earning a law degree from George Washington University in 1940. His posts at the FBI were largely administrative and clerical in nature, first in Washington and later in Kansas.

After retiring from the FBI in 1951, Skousen joined the faculty of Brigham Young University, the Latter-day Saints university in Utah. He then enjoyed a tumultuous four years as chief of police in Salt Lake City. During his tenure he gained a reputation for cutting crime and ruthlessly enforcing Mormon morals. But Skousen was too earnest by half. The city's ultraconservative mayor, J. Bracken Lee, fired him in 1960 for excessive zeal in raiding private clubs where the Mormon elite enjoyed their cards. "Skousen conducted his office as Chief of Police in exactly the same manner in which the Communists operate their government," Lee wrote to a friend explaining his firing of Skousen. "The man is a master of half-truths. In at least three instances I have proven him to be a liar. He is a very dangerous man [and] one of the greatest spenders of public funds of anyone who ever served in any capacity in Salt Lake City government."

During his stint as police chief, Skousen began laying the groundwork for his future career as a professional anti-communist. He published a bestselling expose-slash-history called "The Naked Communist." In the late '50s, America's far right began to bubble with organizations peddling stories about the true state of the Red Menace. Groups like the Church League of America and the John Birch Society organized to channel, feed and satisfy Cold War paranoia. Members of these groups were the original postwar "domestic right-wing extremist threat." Then as now, they were very much on the government's radar.

After his firing from the police force, Skousen became a star on the profitable far-right speakers circuit. He worked for both the Bircher-operated American Opinion Speakers Bureau and Fred Schwarz's Christian Anti-Communism Crusade. The two groups competed in describing ever more terrifying threats posed by America's enemies, foreign and domestic. As the scenarios became more and more outlandish, the feds grew concerned. In an internal memo, the FBI described Skousen's friend and employer Fred Schwarz as "an opportunist," the likes of which "are largely responsible for misinforming people and stirring them up emotionally ... Schwartz [sic] and others like him can only do the country and the anticommunist work of the Bureau harm."
    By 1963, Skousen's extremism was costing him. No conservative organization with any mainstream credibility wanted anything to do with him. Members of the ultraconservative American Security Council kicked him out because they felt he had "gone off the deep end." One ASC member who shared this opinion was William C. Mott, the judge advocate general of the U.S. Navy. Mott found Skousen "money mad ... totally unqualified and interested solely in furthering his own personal ends."

When Skousen aligned himself with Robert Welch's charge that Dwight Eisenhower was a "dedicated, conscious agent of the Communist conspiracy," the last of Skousen's dwindling corporate clients dumped him. The National Association of Manufacturers released a statement condemning the Birchers and distancing itself from "any individual or party" that subscribed to their views. Skousen, author of a pamphlet titled "The Communist Attack on the John Birch Society," was the nation's most prominent Birch defender.

Skousen laid low for much of the '60s. But he reemerged at the end of the decade peddling a new and improved conspiracy that merged left with right: the global capitalist mega-plot of the "dynastic rich." Families like the Rockefellers and the Rothschilds, Skousen now believed, used left forces -- from Ho Chi Minh to the American civil rights movement -- to serve their own power.
    http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2009/09/16/beck_skousen/index.html

#24     Sep 25, 2009
  5. Please, cite an example or two of what lead you to this conclusion... seems to me you've got him all wrong... ??

#25     Sep 25, 2009
  6. No sir, I am a moderate conservative and certainly not a leftist. After listening to Beck that is the conclusion. I call it like I see it. He was on the show a while back yapping about FEMA camps just to stir things up. I would rather listen to Alex Jones (who I disagree with on a few issues) than a ninny like Beck. How is that for being a libtard. Your analysis are usually pretty good, but you missed the boat on this one. By the way you will be the first on my ignore list, since you obviously are too stupid to wait before finding out someone's views and that makes you a closed-minded fool. Dumbass.

#26     Sep 25, 2009
  7. I don't think he believes half of what he says, and that is why I do not care for him. In my book he is a sensationalist in the same vein as some one-track mind liberals on msm.

anybody who thought Eisenhower was a communist synpathizer has to have a screw loose.

#27     Sep 25, 2009

8. not all conservatives listen to this douchebag. Laughing behind peoples backs while he masquerades as some kind of patriot. He is actually worse than some of the liberal commentators. Phony as a three-dollar bill.

#28     Sep 25, 2009
  9. I don't know about Beck, but Obama's biggest cheerleaders seem to be the world's despotic communist dictators ...

which leaves him an unqualified joke

#29     Sep 25, 2009
  10. forgot to mention ....... ONE TERM!

#30     Sep 25, 2009