Glenn Beck Made $32 Million in 2009

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hermit, Apr 8, 2010.

1. It pays to be Glenn Beck ... and pays, and pays, and pays.

The controversial Fox News loud-mouth - hero to conservatives, dartboard fodder to liberals - made $32 million in the 12 months ending March 1, reports Forbes magazine.

His company, Mercury Radio Arts, churns out books, runs a profitable Web site, and manages his sold-out appearances.

Beck insists he's not political, even after leading the charge against health care reform, feeding the frenzy of the Tea Party members, and telling his loyalists President Obama has "a deep-seated hatred for white people."

"I could give a flying crap about the political process," Beck tells the new issue of Forbes magazine (Forbes.com).

"We're an entertainment company."

And his brand of entertainment has paid off.

"I aspire to Walt Disney's never-ending quest to try to improve the quality of what he's doing, his never-ending vision of, 'Yes, it can be done,'" Beck said.

Not to mention his building one of the most lucrative and durable entertainment empires of all time, writes Forbes.

Here's where the money comes from, Forbes reports: Publishing (books and Fusion magazine), $13 million a year; Radio, $10 million; Digital/Online, $4 million; Paid Appearances, $3 million; Fox News, $4 million.

The linchpin of the Beck moneymaking machine is Christopher Balfe, 31, president of Mercury.

Writes Forbes: "Chris Balfe has two goals: building on existing businesses and creating new ones."

Balfe's vision for the future: "We have 400 radio stations; we could have 500. We sold 3 million books last year; we could try to sell 4 million or 5 million. We have 5 million [monthly unique visitors] on Glennbeck.com; we could have 10 million."

As to the key to his success, there are the occasional pangs of regret, Beck says, but "I think I say the things that people are afraid to say - and sometimes the things people are too smart to say."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai..._the_last_year_says_forbes.html#ixzz0kSqYIuMz

2. Hello

Hello

Thats only 31,999,999 more than you did, tell me honestly, how does that make you feel? :)

3. he is a high paid tv preacher. the gullible guns and god crowd eat up his bs without thinking. if fox hadnt given him an outlet he would probably be on tbn with the rest of the religious scam artists.

4. Congrats to Glenn Beck! That's what is great about this country.

5. I admire his success. No one was forced to watch his shows or buy anything from him. He didn't use other people's money and government-backed leverage to enrich himself at the expense of his stockholders or the public. He didn't ask for any government bailouts either. He isn't subsidized by the government, nor does he run phony charitable organizations that are bankrolled by the government. He didn't blackmail a city to build him a stadium for his sports team, nor did he use political pressure on local officials to get them to use eminent domain to steal private property for his benefit.

He wasn't given a no work job for a huge amount of money at a hedge fund, like a series of former public officials. He didn't cash out any suspiciously timed options grants, nor did he rip off his shareholders with obscene options grants.

All he did was provide a service that millions of people appreciated. For that, liberals despise him.

6. Ricter

Ricter

Nonsense.

7. so you must admire benny hinn too?

8. Oh the poor Liberals...NOT.

"According to a 2004 study by the Pew Research Center, liberals were the most educated ideological demographic and were tied with the conservative sub-group, the "Enterprisers", for the most affluent group. Of those who identified as liberal, 49% were college graduates and 41% had household incomes exceeding $75,000, compared to 27% and 28% as the national average, respectively"

9. Pekelo

Pekelo

So did my coke dealer.... :)

10. The powers that be, corporate, dem and repub are scared shitless of this guy, and with good reason. His message has found an audience which is comprised of about 2/3 of the country. The message is clear...we hate your f'n guts, we know who you are, what you're about, and we're mobilzing. Media mouthpieces of the elite are spinning it as racism. It's not, but that's all they got left. That game has about run it's course. The elites have been pitting working whites and blacks against each other for decades. Nice diversion while they steal everything in sight. It not a race war, it's a class war. The elites do have the firepower, but we have the numbers. Gonna' be a hell of a battle when it finally breaks.
    I called him radical and he is. His message is radical as hell. He has exposed the entire scam of it all, and drives it home every evening to an ever growing audience. Radical Lefties are upset because they happen to control the stick at this point, so they willfully refuse to hear his contempt of the repub side government.
    The middle is exploding and bringing in new blood from both left and right. Incumbents with an R or a D behind their name need to go. All of them need to go!

#10     Apr 8, 2010