Glenn Beck Loses Advertisers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Landis82, Aug 24, 2009.

1. What they lose will likely be made up by liquor and beer commercials. They love controversy.

#41     Aug 27, 2009
  2. Glenn Beck is absolutely terrific. Like when he called Obama a racist, he couldn't have been more correct. Obama is a racist. The Gates incident clearly showed that. If anyone "acted stupidly", it was the racist, "one term" dictator-in-chief. :p

#42     Aug 27, 2009
  3. What a wonderful business decision by those advertisers! Lol!

Big Beck: Goes over 3 million viewers, beats O’Reilly in demo: Cable News Ratings for Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Posted on 27 August 2009 by Robert Seidman

Though a little scandal might alienate advertisers, it’s pure ratings gold. Last night Glenn Beck had over 3 million viewers at 5pm, second only to O’Reilly for the night. But, Beck had more 25-54 viewers than O’Reilly (888K to 876K). I don’t watch or really even care about the cable news wars, but still…wow. Even though Beck airs before primetime, when there are fewer people watching TV, he had the most 25-54 viewers in the cable news world for the night.

Live + Same Day Cable News Daily Ratings for

August 26, 2009
    P2+ Total Day
    FNC – 1,374,000 viewers
    CNN – 711,000 viewers
    MSNBC –506,000 viewers
    CNBC – 217,000 viewers
    HLN – 300,000 viewers

P2+ Prime Time
    FNC – 2,667,000viewers
    CNN— 1,187,000 viewers
    MSNBC –984,000 viewers
    CNBC – 241,000 viewers
    HLN – 606,000viewers

25-54 Total Day
    FNC –395,000 viewers
    CNN –204,000 viewers
    MSNBC –161,000 viewers
    CNBC – 72,000 viewers
    HLN- 139,000 viewers

25-54 Prime Time
    FNC – 736,000 viewers
    CNN – 321,000 viewers
    MSNBC –318,000 viewers
    CNBC – 113,000 viewers
    HLN – 204,000 viewers

35-64 Total Day
    FNC – 650,000 viewers
    CNN – 329,000 viewers
    MSNBC – 257,000 viewers
    CNBC – 105,000 viewers
    HLN – 176,000 viewers

35-64 Prime Time
    FNC –1,205,000 viewers
    CNN – 516,000 viewers
    MSNBC –488,000 viewers
    CNBC –124,000 viewers
    HLN –298,000 viewers

#43     Aug 27, 2009

4. From 28% to 35% of people in this country supported Bush in the last months of his presidency. That is roughly a third of the country composed of idiots. Glenn Beck viewers are the type of viewers who think Palin is anything but a joke or who think Obama was born in kenya. Even if glenn beck had 5 million viewers it would not tell anything other than the number of morons watching fox @ 5pm

#44     Aug 27, 2009
  5. Was 2008 a "brutal year" for most TRADERS or not???

#45     Aug 27, 2009
  6. Have you bumped your head? See the title of thread and apply some business sense. Or perhaps you're the type who thinks the best course of advertising is to go to where all the people aren't.

#46     Aug 27, 2009
  7. IShop@Pubix is a statists and you simply cannot talk sense to these kind of people. He will never get it.

#47     Aug 28, 2009
  8. They have to get a note from the White House, like when you were sick in High School.

I just flipped this on because I'm sick of Lost Money screaming at each other. It is depressing, and addicting.

He has video of these black czars talking nationalizing the media, taxing 100% operating profits of outlets like Fox and Limbaugh, and giving the money to PBS.

I knew Obama was a charlatan, but I'm really surprised how awful he really is. And Beck does do schtick, but you can't argue with the video and archival stuff he airs.

#48     Aug 28, 2009
  9. Faux News (not) plays to the lowest common denominator in our society: The uneducated. The misinformed. The disinformed. The apathetic. The intellectually dishonest. The ethically unstable......

Oh, wait... that just about describes every member of the MSM. Awe gee, and I thought it was only Faux News.

If I were given the role of "naming czar" for a day, I would rename Fox News to FNN, which would stand for: Fake News Network. This network is the most notorious for faking news, making it up as they go along, lying outright to the American People. I mean, come on folks, lets get serious here for a minute. Bill O'Reilly?

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2tJjNVVwRCY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="212" height="172"></embed>

Each time I see this, I hit the floor, bursting at the seams! ROTFLAMO! Come on folks. Calling what Faux does "news" is like calling what George W. Bush did as President, leadership. Neither statement would be true. :D

#49     Aug 28, 2009
  10. Another prime example of why Faux News is not "News" at all:

Bill O, sits on live television and distorts the words that were just aired mere seconds before he levies the distortion! Amazing, but this is what Faux is so good at doing and if you don't read between the lines and listen to what is being said by this network as it relates to "news" - you will get snowed under.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yrfPMa3lONU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="212" height="172"></embed>

Barney did say that "prospects look good going forward." Barney also said that Fannie and Freddie were not good long terms investments. Mostly between 0.5 seconds and 0.22 seconds. So, Barney, did contradict himself, no doubt. However, what Bill did was make things worse by offering up a confirmation read on what Barney had said, but doing so by redacting the negative slant that Barney had already placed into the record with respect to Fannie and Freddie.

That is not serious Journalism. That's called spin. Faux is supposed to be all about "no spin" yet this is they do. They take the daily talking points of the GOP and find ways to spin their clueless viewers into information oblivion. That's called misinformation and disinformation - not genuine New Journalism.

True Journalism has been dead in America for ages and I'm not sure that we will ever get it back given the advent of the 24 hour news cycle. Faux does it. CNN does it. ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, etc. They all do it, because the name of the game is no longer "getting the story right." The name of the game is now, getting as much ad revenue from high ratings as possible - truth be damned.

All of America needs to wake up and realize what a Republic means and how to preserve it from the tyranny of the minority "elite." I seriously doubt that most Faux viewers have even read the Constitution of the United States of America, let alone its Bill of Rights. With every passing tic of the clock, Americans become more and more apathetic and clueless about what really goes on in Big Government, Big Business and Big Media. Our young people are graduating from college more technically acute, of that there is no doubt - but also dumber than ever before as it relates to American Civics.

Glenn Beck - a hero?

Wow, America! Wow!

#50     Aug 28, 2009