GLD question please help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Options' started by klurby, Nov 5, 2011.

1. bc1

bc1

No, I exchanged pm's with him this weekend. He is just another newbie like me. I'm waiting to hear as well. With GLD gapping open a couple bux, looks like he can make a couple grand after commission if he was assigned. A stroke of luck it appears.

However it just occurred to me that don't they usually send an email over the weekend that you are assigned? And if the assignor can cancel the assignment, when is the deadline to do that? As I understand it from reading here, the OCC will give you a couple days to settle up when there is an exercise or assignment but correct me if I'm wrong here.

#11     Nov 7, 2011
  2. MTE

MTE

Stocks are settled on a T+3 basis, but it is irrelevant to the discussion. You cannot just cancel the transaction after it has taken place, but before the actual settlement.

#12     Nov 7, 2011
  3. FSU

FSU

The deadline would be 5:30pm et Friday afternoon to cancel a prospective exercise.

#13     Nov 7, 2011
  4. you are correct!

#14     Nov 7, 2011
  5. FSU

FSU

Yes apparently a TROLL after all. He is able to start other threads asking about out of the money calls (and never responds there either) but doesn't check back here after begging for help. My ignore list seems to be growing every day.

#15     Nov 7, 2011