GLD Gold Holdings Hit A Fresh Record, Increase By 12 Tonnes Overnight

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by Banjo, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. zdreg

zdreg

u should have tried zerohedge.com. if that worked u should have done a search.
    in any case the site is currently is down.

your request is a product of the lazy american education system.

3. LOL I did all of those things. And as you said.... The site is down.

As I said... I wasn't sure if it was just my computer or not thus my simple request...

Sounds like your a bit bitter towards americans.... Jealousy? Or are you just angry? Sexually frustrated?

4. zdreg

zdreg

that is a dumb response but considering your handle u probably know something about sexual frustration.
    pretty sad if u don't know whether your computer is down or not.

5. LMAO

6. So, what does this mean for investors?

A rising dollar means that commodities (mostly priced in dollars) are unlikely to rise soon. Part of that is the dollar price tag but another part is falling demand from the eurozone. Oil in particular can be quite sensitive on the downside to a strong US dollar.

With petroleum products like gasoline not rising (contrary to what normally happens during the US summer driving season) and European imports on sale, expect the mushy US retail numbers to improve through Labor Day at least. Consumers won’t necessarily spend just because gasoline prices are low but if there is a sale on as well, wallets should open. Therefore, we are not surprised to see VCR and XLY in the top rankings of the system.

Will GLD perform well? Not likely. Short term Treasuries and Gold are competing for the attention of the panic stricken investor. If we toss in near term US dollar strength, the balance tips from non-yielding gold to low yielding treasuries. Of course, all of these conditions are reversible so if one sees gold correct nicely in the coming months ($800-900), a sensible investment opportunity may present itself on the next upcycle.

7. soon the gold and silver market will collapse along with the stock market. the world financial markets as we know it are done.