GL Trade

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Maverick74, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Has anyone used this software. I tried to do a search but it's not conducive with ET's search engine. So is anyone using this software?

2. I have. It's good stuff.

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Can you give a little more detailed review? Let me start with some questions. Is it a one priced product or is it like TT where you pay for each add on? Do you have to pay for each exchange you access?

Care to comment on the options functionality? It looks pretty impressive from the screen shots. Also, it says it has OTC capability as well. I assume this means you can drop your OTC trades into the program. Can you also run analytics on your OTC trades? Do you currently use it now?

4. Pricing is by module. I don't know pricing-specifics as I didn't have to pay the bill. I didn't use it for listed equity options, but that's its strong-suit. Yes, you can model OTC vanilla and exotics through the GUI or XL. No, I used it with Fimat and Man years ago while working for a fund in Chicago.

5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Very nice. Have you taken a look at it lately? If you used it years ago and were impressed by it, you should see it now. I'm going to have to run down to the CBOE and see a demo. This product looks very complete. Hell, you can even auto-quote on it. I don't think I have ever seen a more complete product out there. If you know of a comparable one, let me know so I have something to compare it to.

6. I don't know of anything that compares and is broker-neutral. It's expensive, but worth it. I am sure you can work a deal through FIMAT.

7. mats

mats

riskarb, could you please inform through which broker i can use GL Trade. I also would like to know if you know the cost for some autotrading tool within the software. (send bid and offers automatically according to some algorithm) thanks

8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yeah, I'm really blown away by all the features it has.

9. mats

mats

thanks I will have a look. (by the way they are member of a lot of exchanges, but what about Nasdaq). Do they offer connectivity to all ECNs?

#10     Aug 9, 2006