Gl Trade/ Gl Win

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by CPTrader, Apr 28, 2005.

1. jim c

jim c

I have a Gl win on my desk for a backup. I dont use it that often but when I do it seems very realiable. I have had some TT issues lately with slowness..when this happens I switch to GL and it works great. The only complaint I have is that the actual front end or software used to enter the order is a little cumbersome. Just not as quick when modifying or canceling an order. I think they have some sort of dome type set up but Im not familiar with that. Customer service had always been good. Jim

#11     Apr 29, 2005
  2. Thanks Jim for sharing? Who do you clear with? How did you get access to GL WIN? Could you share your contacts? You may PM me if you wish. Thx.

#12     Apr 29, 2005

3. Thx Xenia

#13     Apr 29, 2005
  4. traderkid

traderkid

I have been trading TT for a while and tried refcopro today - orders seemed to go faster then TT... and I think the prices were faster too...

#14     Apr 29, 2005
  5. Xenia

Xenia

#15     Apr 30, 2005
  6. tysonf

tysonf

gl is an excellent platform and one that doesn't seem to get
    much of a mention on this site. imo much better than tt & without
    the attitude. they are connected to most global cash and futures markets and have a number of api's ranging from dde, c++ , activex, and a full unix server setup with c++ or fix.

#16     May 1, 2005
  7. PJH

PJH

I've used GL for about a year and I have nothing bu good things to say about the platform. Their auto-spreader is just as good as TT's and half the cost.

The prop house I used to work for tested GL' APIs v. the TT APIs they were using for their black box programs and the GL API was faster and could handle more data.

#17     May 4, 2005
  8. JamieG

JamieG

I've been using GL Trade for the last 6 months and I am very happy. I currently trade both futures and equities using thier GL WIN plaform. I have seen their Spreader and it looks nice, but I don't use it since I mostly just trade outrights using their vertical (Quicktrade).

#18     May 6, 2005
  9. Could you share with us, where you trade/clear? What firm provides you access to GL WIN. I am seeking a firm that can provide me access to GL WIN for futures and equities.

Many thanks.

P.S> You can send me a Private message if you are more comfortable replying that way.

#19     May 6, 2005
  10. JamieG

JamieG

I get the software directly from GL Trade 312-386-2400 or www.gltrade.com.

For Futures I use Refco and for equites I use E Trade. GL has some sort of Service Bureau relationship for both of those brokers. I called Refco last year and they said if you want GL you have to contact them. I heard Penson will soon support GL for both futues and equites. Hope this helps.

#20     May 6, 2005