Giving up

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Sucker, Dec 18, 2002.

1. bubbaco

bubbaco

LongShot I'll give you thumbs up on your quote!! the way > we- self included< can get to acting on these boards is fun to witness at times.I read boards more than I post and people do go off over almost nothing.
    I was thinking judging from message boards and the ranting ,why there was not more road rage violence,then someone pointed out to me how this medium takes away our normal physical means of communicating,eye contact,levels of speech delivery ,physical responses etc,the lady said without the above things get miss understood.
    That's when the light came on and let me know why road rage was not as bad as I would expect because from your car the other person can still see your finger jester and that keeps the traffic moving.
    til later bubbaco

#91     Dec 22, 2002
  2. watch it bubba, you almost insulted me:D

i take the opposite tact most espouse ... that is I THINK NEGATIVELY!:D

Positive thinking only leads to self deception and failure to perform. Even if you're screwing up big time you say "I am doing just fine" I am a success" "I am OK"..

BS. hahahaha. you're not "doing fine" if you are deceiving yourself and not assessing your performance objectively.

You should say to yourself ...I AM A LOSER!! I AM A SCREW UP!! I AM LAZY!! I AM NOT DOING AS WELL AS I COULD BE BECAUSE OF THIS!

:D

Now won't THAT get you motivated to perform at peak levels??!!:D

Lying to yourself is not a prescription for improvement but quite the contrary.. it is a prescription for continued failure. How can you improve if you're head is in the clouds and you're not objectively assessing what you are NOT doing correctly??

You need to say to yourself...

I AM A LAZY A$$ NO GOOD FOR NOTHING LOSER ...now there is an objective starting point for improvement:D

i challenge anyone to prove me wrong..including the psychs and consults and book authors..

#92     Dec 22, 2002
  3. well??:D

#93     Dec 22, 2002
  4. NO COMMENTS??:D

#94     Dec 22, 2002
  5. i can only assume you all agree...thank you

#95     Dec 22, 2002
  6. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

No, we are just ignoring you.

#96     Dec 22, 2002
  7. well..cathy..i am the man..so that is not wise:(

i have much to teach you...

do you have the capacity to learn from me ...

that is the question.:confused:

#97     Dec 22, 2002
  8. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

ignore button on for LongShot.

#98     Dec 22, 2002
  9. your loss. i am sorry 4 you that you must ignore a source of truth for you..

but you are in good company..

most can't handle it..

they are not capable of moving to..

The Next Level

of enlightenment:(

#99     Dec 22, 2002
  10. Monsoon

Monsoon

What is the ignore list?

Ignore lists are used for those people who's messages you wish not to read. By adding someone to your ignore list, those messages posted by these individuals will be hidden when you read a thread.

#100     Dec 22, 2002