Giving up on day trading?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Badeco, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Redneck

Redneck

Please count me in also

Thank You Sir

RN

#41     Sep 27, 2010
  2. pspr

pspr

That would be helpful to those of us still flopping in the mud. Thanks. :)

#42     Sep 27, 2010
  3. Win rate isn't important.

If you win 90% of the time for dimes and you lose 10% of the time for dollars....

Some of the most profitable traders aren't even near 50-50 on their win rate, but their winners are massive and their losers are small.

That being said, whatever works keep doing it :)

#43     Sep 27, 2010
  4. ammo

ammo

i'm more interested in your philosophy than your percentages,spill on

#44     Sep 28, 2010
  5. hoffmanw

hoffmanw

Wasn't Jesse Livermore considered the father of daytrading? He made millions and millions of dollars during his lifetime. That is billions of dollars in today term's of money power. The book Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by him was very widely read. Some said it documented his lifetime daytrading experiences well.

#45     Sep 28, 2010
  6. ammo

ammo

garcias rant is equivalent to ,"my wifes a bitch,all women are bitches"nowhere is it mentioned that he's an asshole or a saint,half the equation is missing..when i meet a guy like this...i don't ask for proof..his mind is set in stone..wake up garcia...you weren't born knowing, you were born innocent and void of any knowledge,hopefully ,every day ,you will be smarter than yesterday

#46     Sep 28, 2010
  7. dejavu8

dejavu8

my win rate with CL so far this year is 100% but i still like to see all of you guys sharing good strategies over 90%:)

(in my trading time frame, price has never been against me over 12 cents)

#47     Sep 28, 2010
  8. pspr

pspr

I guess Crater didn't want to share his "tools and areas to investigate" with all of us. :(

#48     Sep 28, 2010
  9. It is said some could read tape into profits before the advent of computers.
    Not now. Even market makers quit their businesses due to losses.

#49     Sep 28, 2010
  10. NoDoji

NoDoji

I believe I could have a win rate of 100% with my trading strategy but in order to accomplish that I would likely give up 50% or more of my profits. As it is, I often give up significant profits just by moving stops to break even too soon.

#50     Sep 28, 2010