"Give your system a KISS" by Mark Seleznov

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by wdbaker, Nov 24, 2002.

1. wdbaker

wdbaker

Sorry,
    I don't use tradestation, maybe someone else can help you with that, haven't had time to learn the EL.

wdbaker

#31     Nov 26, 2002
  2. wdbaker

wdbaker

Thanks but definitely not the amibroker expert.
    re: 1. If you mean automated hands off trading, no, if you mean program a strategy and have it tell you real time when to take the trade, yes.

re: 2. I think I just read something about them preparing for IB but can't find it. If I remember correctly that was a priority for them.

I haven't had a lot of time to experiment with this piece of code, I have my own systems that I am working on. This just looked very interesting and thought maybe some of you would be interested in a different strategy to experiment with. Everyone is always yelling because nobody will give them any strategies :D :D

wdbaker

#32     Nov 26, 2002
  3. wdbaker,

Can you run a few backtests on the system using much shorter bars? Like 5, 10 and 15 minutes.

Also you might want to try it with a filter through the lunchtime period. 11.30 - 1.30

Thanks,

Runningbear

#33     Nov 26, 2002
  4. wdbaker

wdbaker

Runningbear,
    Which piece of code are we talking about, The original in the first message, the modified close out at end of day in the first message or the other one we discussed with llv * .995 instead of 1.005 ????

wdbaker

#34     Nov 26, 2002
  5. a close at end of day system with llv * .995 instead of 1.005

Also experimenting with a fixed stop on entry may reduce maximum drawdown.

Thanks,

Runningbear

#35     Nov 26, 2002
  6. Did you guys collect all this ES data or did you purchase
    it somewhere?

Any ideas on where I can get a ton of 1 min ES candles?
    Or any candles for that matter.

Id like to backtest some strategies too... ill post results
    if anyone knows a data source for ES/NQ.
    Or ill code up strategies other people are interested in
    for them, if they have the data I can use.

Or ill just start collecting data for 6 months, and start
    after that. :(

peace

axeman

#36     Nov 26, 2002
  7. Bob111

Bob111

wally, create fully automatic trading system not that complicated, and it actually very easy do do with IB for average programer. how it will work for you-that another story)))))))))))

#37     Nov 26, 2002
  8. Well, any candles it's not that hard to get...:D

#38     Nov 26, 2002
  9. How do you then explain the fact that there are not so many of those ATS on the market yet? Literally one or two. I have my own systems, just need some software to run them, will have look into that soon.

#39     Nov 26, 2002
  10. Actually only one of my three systems would require that, two others can easily be run manually.

#40     Nov 26, 2002