"Give your system a KISS" by Mark Seleznov

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by wdbaker, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Thanks, I had a very similar idea just recently, last week I guess. I believe I even mentioned it in one of the threads here, except that I meant it for 30 min bars.

My question in connection with that: did you check this system also for other time frames, say 30 min and 45 min? And how about choosing randomly out of 4 bar lengths: 15, 30, 45, 60.

Would it change anything?

And since you are a local Amibroker expert here, two more questions if you don't mind:

1. Is Amibroker capable of automating strategy execution? I guess Tomasz Janeczko promised something like that long time ago, but don't know how he delivered. Any idea how close is Amibroker to that?

2. Does it support IB data feed or is it still stuck with the most expensive data package on the market?

Thanks,
    wally_

#21     Nov 26, 2002
  2. Thanks for this link.

I would guess that Netpicks.com E-mini trading service uses something similar. I once asked about them here, but nobody knew anything about it. They seem to be doing fairly well and their system is always in too, except that recently they have been trading only in the morning (90 min) and then in the afternoon (another 90 min) so it is not in 100%.

#22     Nov 26, 2002
  3. Actually, the idea was identical, except that applied to 30 min bars and except for details of implementation (this 1.005 thing).
    It was just an extension of the first 30 min breakout system used by others and presented in the thread 'The importance of simplicity'.

wally_

#23     Nov 26, 2002
  4. If you use this system in shorter time frames. Like 5 minute bars, trading the opening and close is the way to go. You need to trade it when directional movement is at its highest.

11.00 - 2.00 will chop you to pieces.

Runningbear

#24     Nov 26, 2002
  5. A similar trading system is to go long on a bar higher than the last two.

Exit on a new bar low

Re-enter long on a new bar high.

Opposite for short trades.

Better for shorter time frames like 5 - 10 minutes.

Trade open and close only

Runningbear

#25     Nov 26, 2002
  6. Surfeur

Surfeur

hi WBacker,

You have this code for TS plz ? :)

#26     Nov 26, 2002
  7. Thanks wdbaker, for explaining the logic behind this system.
    Would be someone able and willing to test this for Treasury Bond or 10year Notes on 5 or 10min ? I went back just couple of days(manually) and I think it will outperform indexes easily.
    Walter

#27     Nov 26, 2002
  8. Today I am scoring over 15 pts with one of them (will exit with a MOC order) and just closed a position with a 9 pt profit in another one. All for 1 ES contract.

#28     Nov 26, 2002
  9. a sound money management system (AKA cutting losess short and letting profits run) is very important in any trading system. I cut the losses at 6 ES pts, my targets are 9 pts except for one of the systems in which I close my position with an MOC order.

#29     Nov 26, 2002
  10. enrick71

enrick71

up

#30     Nov 26, 2002