"Give your system a KISS" by Mark Seleznov

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by wdbaker, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Bob111

Bob111

good!!!!! happy to hear it!
    hope we see you at work soon! keep us posted!
    and i will be more than happy to see you @ our forum!
    Thank you!

#11     Nov 25, 2002
  2. #12     Nov 25, 2002
  3. Bob111

Bob111

i do not know, what it all about, but from programers view- i did not like a magic numbers-like 0.0954))))))
    i do not believe, that you can build a good system without adding volatility of underlying. you have to figure out, when it work best and on which stock, then you have to figure out why. you need to adjust it for current situation, like now-if market going nowhere-tight you stops and maybe reduce money in play etc..
    you not going to get a unversal tool for everything or every market condition

#13     Nov 25, 2002
  4. Hi,
    Would you, please, post rules for this system in plain English ? I am sure I can improve it if I know those basic rules.
    Thanks,
    Walter

#14     Nov 25, 2002
  5. wdbaker

wdbaker

Walter,
    Here are the rules:
    Enter long C>(Ref(HHV(H,1),-1)*(1.005))
    Close long C<(Ref(LLV(L,1),-1)*(1.005))
    Enter short C<(Ref(LLV(L,1),-1)*(1.005))
    Close short C>(Ref(HHV(H,1),-1)*(1.005))

interpretation of the first line:
    Enter Long if the close of the current bar is greater than the high of the previous bar times 1.005

The rest are similar

Hope that helps
    wdbaker

#15     Nov 25, 2002
  6. And for your tests you used 1 min bars, right? That's basically a breakout system, but you will have an additional commission induced drawdown which with 1 min bars might be quite sizable. Did you try other time frames?

#16     Nov 25, 2002
  7. wdbaker

wdbaker

Test were done on hourly bars slippage & commissions of $30/rt were included.

#17     Nov 25, 2002
  8. I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE FOR THIS STUPID QUESTION........ could someone please explain to me in plain english the basis for closing a trade once it has been entered? thanks in advance

#18     Nov 25, 2002
  9. wdbaker

wdbaker

larrybf,
    The way it was originally posted on the activetrader.com site and in the magazine it was always in the market, signal to sell was signal to short, signal to cover short is signal to buy.

I recoded it for myself to always take me out at end of day.
    It could flip from buy to short throughout the day though.

wdbaker

#19     Nov 25, 2002
  10. #20     Nov 26, 2002