Give up my guns?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Apr 26, 2018.

1. elderado

elderado

Sorry guys, he's married. Or so he says.

#31     Apr 29, 2018

2. So yes one can defend their home with five shotguns and five rifles each with five internal rounds only.

All those other guns are toys and security blankets for the irrational, paranoid and childish man boys who find it more fun to shoot handguns and AR15s.

So to preserve their right to have toys they are willing to see innocent people die.

#32     Apr 29, 2018
  3. Poindexter

Poindexter

80587568.jpg

#33     Apr 30, 2018
    Tsing Tao likes this.
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Again, actually for the third time now, I said it was possible. If the invader has a pistol or AR15, it is a lot less likely the defender will be successful. But it is possible.

Innocents die every single day with illegally owned firearms in places like Chicago, Detroit, Batimore and half a dozen other cities. Why don't you get your panties in a bunch over those deaths?

#34     Apr 30, 2018
    Poindexter likes this.
  5. #35     Apr 30, 2018
    Poindexter likes this.

6. So lets' distill it down...

To preserve your right to have certain unneeded toys you are willing to see innocent people die.

The paranoia thing about being invaded by people with AR15s and pistols against your measely shotguns.......doesn't fly.

Oh BTW, being invaded by people with AR15s and pistols becomes less likely if they are banned.

#36     May 1, 2018
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

No. To preserve my right to protect my family I am willing to let the status quo continue. If you are able to remove these weapons from bad guys, I would be happy to give mine up. Since law abiding folks don't commit the crimes you are referring to, only the bad guys do, then it shouldn't be a problem for you if the law abiding folks want to keep theirs.

Probably because you aren't particularly well versed in the usage of those weapons. Just because you say it "doesn't fly" doesn't mean it actually doesn't fly. Anyone, and I mean anyone who knows about firearms knows a shotgun is no match for an AR15.

Really? How? How would it be less likely? How would you get them out of the hands of criminals?

#37     May 1, 2018
    Poindexter likes this.
  8. Poindexter

Poindexter

Db_j7ZoWsAA0LxQ - Copy.jpg

#38     May 1, 2018
    elderado, Clubber Lang, DTB2 and 2 others like this.
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

We
    In a delusional mind, a home invasion happens like the bank heist scene in the movie Heat.

#39     May 1, 2018
  10. No gun rights supporter here has ever urged someone who is uncomfortable about having or firing a gun to get one. On the contrary, we'd prefer you stayed away from them.

An AR-15 is one step above firing a .22 rifle, ie the kind they used to have at county fair shooting booths. I actually cannot imagine a grown man having the reaction the guy in the pic did. I really cannot imagine him admitting it. You can literally put the butt of the gun on your chin and shoot it. That's how light the recoil is.

#40     May 1, 2018