Give the Afghan shooting soldier another chance

Discussion in 'Politics' started by thehitman, Mar 13, 2012.

1. I, too, am surprised by this, even here on ET. Killing children for no reason is not a LAPSE in JUDGEMENT, it's a horrible murder scene. Even if there turns out to be alcohol involved, which I don't know is true or not, it certainly is still a despicable act, no matter what.

And, the even bigger picture is that he is giving the world a view, a scene if you will, that demonstrates the lowest and basest of human behavior. So much for the moral highground we've employed forever, this gives the terrorists so much more ammo to recruit with. We invade countries, we kill women and children for no reason, wow.

As I said, we know we're the 'good guys' - but this takes away our credibility. No justification.

c

#21     Mar 14, 2012

2. +1
    ET War Pigs would have you believe "he just has a problem".
    Get him some debriefing counseling and everything is okay. Mission was one of execution and annihilation, plain and simple. Excuses, excuses, excuses!

#22     Mar 14, 2012
  3. They were killing our "good guys" long before this happened. They were killing them before the korans were burned. The only thing that changes is the excuses.

Why is it so important what THEY think and so unimportant what WE think? Isn't that backwards? Why are in a place where they obviously don't want us? If the taliban returns and starts harboring terrorists, we can just bomb the snot out of them, and their pakistani supporters as well.

#23     Mar 14, 2012
  4. This was not a lapse in judgment, nor was it some crazy hillbilly with a go get some agenda. This was a guy who had had enough, wanted out and did what he believed would get him out. I can promise you this guy was in a mental state of hell and simply cracked up. Should he be excused with a hand slap? Obviously not! he should be locked up for a good long time. However, I can make you another promise. Nothing can be done to punish this guy more than he already has been. Nothing can be done that will hurt him. He simply doesn't give a fuck anymore. Seen it in my time, and when guy's go over the edge like this, there's no coming back for a long, long time, if ever.
    I put the blame squarely where it belongs, which is with the military giving him the "fit for duty" stamp when he showed every sign that he wasn't, and on a government which willingly sacrifices our young men and women for their idiotic "hearts and minds" agenda, all "peace keeping" police efforts, all in order to fund the military industrial complex which funds political campaign coffers to keep it all going.

#24     Mar 14, 2012
  5. ammo

ammo

his head is likely busted beyond repair,giving him a gun and sending him into battle is a death sentence,he stopped being himself and became a soldier long ago,the military is partially to blame for sending him back out,if they did it again ,we would have to be liable,which ,from the sounds of it,no one is stepping up for the 1st incident..there has to be someone in the chain of command,above this guy who should be grilled,lies,lies and more lies,..wtf is going on in the US govt...vote out every mf'er that has rep or dem in front of his name, DC..a tsunami would'nt get it clean..we have to vote these fugs out

#25     Mar 14, 2012
  6. Which 'they' ? Those kids? You're right about the fact we shouldn't even be there, or Iraq with no justification, but you can't give this guy a pass. We have many bad citizens, this one, although deserving of our sympathy, cannot be given a pass on this. The old Perry Mason argument of temporary insanity just doesn't apply.

Heaven the help the poor guy, and those poor families he murdered.

c

#26     Mar 14, 2012
  7. Nonsense. Using words like 'transgressed' is just a weak way to try to justify killing innocent children, really nice. This is not collateral damage, this is murder.

c

#27     Mar 14, 2012
  8. mgrund

mgrund

No chance, the law is the law- should be dispalined not enough to do that, what gets me is, in Afgan there are guards on the bases- to stop allied soldiers and the enemy from leaving the complex ( centurion duty) so I think this guy was maybe a guard and got disinchanted with the whole situation.Thats if it happened at all.

#28     Mar 14, 2012
  9. mgrund

mgrund

As regards Churchill and FDR, it was policy at the time to bomb the german cities into submission, as this saved alot of men on the ground from dying, and also to show a strengh to Stalin.The ruskies have alot of " boots on the ground" but the RAF/USAF used tactical bombing not only to win the war, but to show the allied forces had air supremency- which all future wars will be won or lost by.

Jam their radars and bomb heavily- its tactical warfare.Luckily we have the ULTRA sytem in place which allows this

#29     Mar 14, 2012
  10. Our hero is now in Kuwait, out of reach of the Afghan terrorists.

We need to get him back to the USA for punishment. He should be fined $15 for each innocent Afghan killed.

He should also be given a $200,000 bonus for his otherwise excellent work on 4 tours of duty, where I am sure he killed a truckload of muzzie terrorists.

#30     Mar 15, 2012