give me simple day trading method that works?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by chipmunk, Mar 7, 2011.

1. cvds16

cvds16

"5 Strikes OTM is indicative of the market sentiment. The bid/ask premiums reflect the bets the market makers are willing to make."

The above sentence says it all, without going into details of option pricing, this is so untrue it's shocking to me. For the record I am a former option market maker.

#51     Mar 8, 2011
  2. What is your prove that simplicity win with good risk/money management.?. I am really interested to read your evidence.

#52     Mar 8, 2011
  3. A form of reversion to the mean is the only thing I've been able to develop that works consistently.

#53     Mar 8, 2011
  4. www.traderxblog.com

#54     Mar 8, 2011
  5. he who is afraid to ask will never get an answer. a simple day trading method is one that is easy to understand and easy to execute. to be prepared is to be willing and able. to be not prepared is to be lazy and foolish. the first step is back. the next step is forward.

#55     Mar 8, 2011
  6. the only trading "strategy" you need is to learn discretionary scalping. look at a chart, watch the level 2, get a feel for the price action and scalp your way to millions.

#56     Mar 8, 2011
  7. It's a fricken tade silly...

#57     Mar 9, 2011
  8. I thought a dail breakout was a new type of Joe Ross or Austinp entry.

Tha is wh i ha to as thi questio... :p

#58     Mar 9, 2011
  9. Mav88

Mav88

being nice won't work, try the terminator approach

"your edge, give it to me, now"

#59     Mar 9, 2011
  10. jinxu

jinxu

Take a look at the blotter from today attached below. I made money today on two trades. It could have been much more but I got out too early both times. There was two good times to make a trade and I hit it both times. But why and how did I do it? Why didn't I make a trade the other times when it would've turned out bad? I wasn't even planning to trade today, just watch. I didn't trade yesterday either.

What I do know is that I was thinking about an idea in the first book I read about trading stocks and the ATS screen is reading a 27pt gain and the YM is at 12227. And oh yeah I forgot to mention on Monday the low of the YM was 12027. It turns out that idea was what kept me from making those bad trades and getting into those good ones. So friend, can you tell me what all these numbers means???

It's ironic that after 7 years of searching I'm returning to the first ideas that I learned on trading. Going full circle in your journey some would say. And oh yeah, today is Ash Wednesday, a religious holiday, and the date reads 03/09/2011 (03 X 09 = 27). That's ironic too.

#60     Mar 9, 2011