Give me one good reason Madoff should not get the death penalty?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stock777, Dec 31, 2008.

1. 1)___________________________

2. 1. He provided the world a great lesson in
    "do your own due dilligence".

They should remove the bull on wall street and replace it with a bigger statue of him as a reminder to all, what an ass you can make of yourself if you don't.:eek:

3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Well there is just one small technical issue, that being the FACT that he did not commit a crime that is punishable by death. He's also not yet been convicted of anything except by the media and in the general public, but I suppose that's just a small technical issue too.

4. that is a small fact that this idiot overlooked

5. Off with his head.

6. That what he did is not punishable by death IS the problem. Thanks for pointing it out.

[​IMG]

7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I guess we just have to disagree there. I don't think that Madoff should ever see the light of day again, but what he did does not raise to the level of capital crime IMHO.

8. Punishment has multiple purposes.

One of them is deterrence.

We need to deter the Mozillo's of the world before they do their damage.

Know what I mean?

[​IMG]

9. sumosam

sumosam

he is protected the big wigs....they knew he was doing this, but, because of his religious affiliations, and the corruption inherent in the SEC, he was beyond the law...it only applies to the small guys.

fortunately, or unfortunately, natural law says you can only hurt others for so long...i doubt that he will be made an example. \\

in Toronto, the jewish charities who endorse a half mil loss, is down playing this whole issue.