Give advice to a young buck...

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by wutangfinancial, Dec 4, 2007.

1. JB3

JB3

Get a job. Get some stake money while living at home. Learn to trade on demo. Then try trading, if it doesn't work out, at least you have a resume and experience to live a decent life. Why waste away the degree you already got?

#31     Dec 18, 2007
  2. wutangfinancial says diversify your Bonds bitches.

#32     Dec 18, 2007
  3. I get the feeling that in Canada financial adviser is reserved for people in their 30s and up. You also need a designation.

btw: I don't believe McGill is good for its economics department. Not that it matters I go to York.

#33     Dec 19, 2007
  4. yeah, I'm not a fan of the econ department here.

anyhow, I don't have a trust fund or anything, but I have a large extended family with plenty of money to lend if I have a valid business pan. I wonder if I could become an asset manager through managing their wealth?

#34     Dec 19, 2007
  5. One word. Don't.

Trade your own money, fine.

Convince rich investors that you're the next Soros and trade their money, fine.

But not family money.

It's not worth it.

#35     Dec 19, 2007
  6. Joab

Joab

Change your handle from wutang to puntang fist off... :D :D :D

Then get your butt on a plane and see Europe and Asia the answer to all your questions will be answered away from your current head space.

#36     Dec 19, 2007
  7. What if invested their money in index funds and took a 1% management fee?

#37     Dec 19, 2007
  8. GGSAE

GGSAE

I love your ever-changing metamorphosis...you go from being a self-proclaimed expert on prop trading http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110690
    to now managing money for your family, with what zero trading experience?

Are we gonna see in a week from now a thread on how to get land head trading desk position at Goldman Sachs?

#38     Dec 19, 2007
  9. Then the guy is being a scumbag and taking 1% of his family's money instead of just providing him with the advice of which index funds to invest in. It is what it is but in my view that's scheming family and that's the lowest scumbag thing a human being can possibly do.

#39     Dec 19, 2007
  10. Taking all their money is worse...

#40     Dec 19, 2007