Give advice to a young buck...

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by wutangfinancial, Dec 4, 2007.

1. ^Man, I wish my GPA was higher. I have a feeling I'll regret it for the rest of my life.

#11     Dec 4, 2007
  2. Why do you bother trading then?

#12     Dec 4, 2007
  3. Allen3

Allen3

You seem to have the perfect place to get your capital together. Why not save some money while you work and study at home. Think of it as an extra year or two of college that at the end of you will have and account and some wisdom. Trade some evening markets. Do some long term strategies and you may find you get enough from that (enjoyment and financially) to sustain you. Good luck.

#13     Dec 4, 2007
  4. I trade when I have an edge.

The majority of wannabe' here will just lose their ass in the long run so why bother?

The game is fucking rigged like never before. But go ahead, it's your money/loss.

#14     Dec 4, 2007
  5. I agree in some respects, but without knowing my situation how can you say it's my loss.

It's not easy but it is certainly not impossible if you have the courage, discipline and dedication. And able to withstand some drawdowns.

#15     Dec 4, 2007
  6. If you are a sales type you could go be a broker at Merrill Lynch, Citibank, Wachovia. You do not need a high GPA.

#16     Dec 4, 2007
  7. yeah, I might end up going the route of financial advisor in Canada (where I'm at)...they don't allow discount brokers, so you have to go through a full service broker/advisor; thus they don't have the flight to online brokers you see in the U.S.....plus, a lot of money is being made in Calagry=new money to manage.

#18     Dec 4, 2007
  8. You're in Calgary as well?

#19     Dec 4, 2007
  9. No. I go to school at McGill. I was just saying there's a lot of new money in that area.

#20     Dec 4, 2007