give a beginner advice

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by nipeli, Aug 28, 2002.

1. nipeli

nipeli

Could I get some advice as to what platform & additional tools/setup would be recommended for a beginner? I currently do LIGHT trading w/ my discount Muriel Siebert account, which obviously is not enough for when I start to thicken it up. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2. trdrmac

trdrmac

I would really look at IB, or I believe Trade Station has a new platform and low commissions. I use Nextrend and like it, my set up is $100 a month.

In my opinion keeping commissions as low as possible and being profitable before taking huge size is the best way to start. You can trade 100 share lots for $1 at IB, so it only takes a .03 move to make a profit. vs .20 with most discount brokers just to break even.

3. Tradestaton is a nice all in one package. Charts, strategy testing, and brokerage.. $100 month. Good commish too.

4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Keep your costs low when you start. Most people wont make it because they have too high expenses.

Brandon

5. i began trading with efloortrade. they have an excellent staff. you should check them out. competitive with rates as well

6. more than .20, accounting for taxes :mad: