Giuliani out?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

Hope Trey Gowdy has a better insurance safety net

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/10/tru...wyer-rudy-giuliani-does-not-get-indicted.html

Trump says he hopes his lawyer Rudy Giuliani doesn’t get indicted

• President Donald Trump says he hopes his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani does not end up getting indicted on criminal charges.
    • Trump’s comment comes after two of Giuliani’s clients, along with two other men, were charged with conspiring to violate campaign finance laws that bar foreign money supporting candidates for federal office.
    • Giuliani reportedly had dined with the clients, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, at Trump’s hotel in Washington, D.C., hours before they were arrested waiting to board a flight abroad with one-way tickets.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...6ddd94-eace-11e9-9c6d-436a0df4f31d_story.html

Live updates: House Democrats subpoena Perry, Giuliani associates; Trump to hold first campaign rally since impeachment inquiry launch

House investigators issued subpoenas Thursday to Energy Secretary Rick Perry and two associates of President Trump’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani, seeking “key documents” that have not been produced as part of the impeachment inquiry.

The subpoenas of the Giuliani associates, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, came after their arrests on campaign finance charges Wednesday night.

The two men are charged with scheming to funnel foreign money to U.S. politicians in a bid to affect U.S.-Ukraine relations. Both have helped Giuliani investigate former vice president Joe Biden and his son, though the indictment does not mention Giuliani or suggest that he was part of the alleged crimes

2. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

:):):):)

3. Overnight

Overnight

You can't make this shit up. Is this what it was like during Watergate?

4. Cuddles

Cuddles

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...7440b0-eb9c-11e9-9c6d-436a0df4f31d_story.html

Live updates: Trump tells reporters he doesn’t know if Giuliani is still his attorney

5:15 p.m.: Trump, when asked if Giuliani is still his attorney, says, ‘I don’t know’

Trump told reporters Friday that he didn’t know whether Giuliani was still his personal attorney, adding that the two hadn’t spoken since Thursday.

“Well, I don’t know,” Trump said, responding to a question about the lawyer as he prepared to leave the White House for a rally in Louisiana. “I haven’t spoken to Rudy. I spoke to him yesterday briefly. He’s a very good attorney, and he has been my attorney.”

Trump then added, “Yeah, sure,” before moving on to another question.

In a text message to The Washington Post’s Josh Dawsey shortly after the president’s comments, Giuliani confirmed that he’s still representing Trump.

“Yes,” Giuliani wrote. “I am still his attorney.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...nt-say-if-ex-mayor-still-attorney/3945806002/

Donald Trump distances himself from Rudy Giuliani: 'He has been my attorney'

[​IMG]

Bugenhagen likes this.
  5. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

LOL!!!

6. Cuddles

Cuddles

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/12/rudy-giuliani-trump-interviews-044791

‘Stop talking’: Trump advisers want Giuliani dumped
    Trump allies felt Giuliani's free-wheeling monologues were hurting the president. And that was before the ex-New York mayor's business associates got arrested.

For weeks, prominent Republican advisers have been privately imploring President Donald Trump to sideline Rudy Giuliani after a barrage of inconsistent, combative and occasionally cringe-inducing media interviews, according to three people familiar with the conversations.

And that was before the arrest of two foreign-born businessmen who reportedly helped Giuliani try to discredit former Vice President Joe Biden, the leading Democrat to take on Trump in next year’s election. Several reports have indicated Giuliani himself may be caught up in the probe.

Story Continued Below

Yet Trump remains linked to Giuliani, who was initially hired to help fend of Robert Mueller’s Russia investigators, but who now may have pulled the president into another investigation — one that might lead to impeachment. While the president has long appreciated Giuliani’s pugnacious and never-back-down attitude, Trump allies fear Giuliani will damage Trump with his long-winded monologues and free-wheeling accusations.

Tony Stark likes this.
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

8. Rudy is a stuttering fuck like Spider from Goodfellas.... the fact that anyone hired him and let him go on air repeatedly to speak says a lot about how shitty the swamp still is.

9. Cuddles

Cuddles

10. I stand behind Rudy . . . . . . . to stab him in the back.

‘I stand behind Rudy’:

President Donald Trump defended Rudy Giuliani during a Saturday evening appearance on Fox News.

Trump phoned in an interview with Jeanine Pirro after a day at one of his golf courses and a speech to a designated hate group.

The host asked Trump about the reports that Giuliani is under investigation by federal prosecutors in the Southern District of New York — the same office he once led.

“I know nothing about him being under investigation,” Trump said. “I can’t imagine it.”

“I believe he’s a totally honorable man,” he added.

The president said, “I stand behind Rudy.”

#10     Oct 12, 2019