Gingrich wins SC

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jan 21, 2012.

1. More propaganda from the Daily Paul :p

#21     Jan 22, 2012
  2. lol, funny!

You guys should form up and go on tour, you could call it the Angry White Man tour. I am sure you will tell me many ways to be an angry white man:D

#22     Jan 22, 2012
  3. Not so much. The Paulies are NOT going away. They will have to reckon with them at the convention, and if the GOP are assholes to them, it might push Ron Paul over the edge. If he does that, well, you know that is going to go.

#23     Jan 22, 2012
  4. Definitely a man's eating habits can affect his leadership:D The Chinese, I'm sure you will translate that to "chinks", knew this 4000 years ago:)

#24     Jan 22, 2012
  5. The upcoming days will be fun watching the GOP hack itself to bits.:D

#25     Jan 22, 2012
  6. pspr

pspr

Much like Hiallary did to Barack? Oh, except for when Obama labeled Bill Clinton (the first black president) racist. LOL :D

#26     Jan 22, 2012
  7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I see it like this, the republicans are not happy having a moderate liberal yankee candidate foisted on them. It seems they would rather run a conservative than someone viewed to be "electable". There is a word for that, it is called "principle".

Newt will give Obama a good fight. It should be entertaining.

Romney would have been boring and almost indistinguishable from Obama. He is clearly a 1-percenter with all of the trappings including offshore accounts and corporate raiding.

Mr. Hair and his Magic Underwear isn't going to get the conservative vote.

#27     Jan 22, 2012
  8. pspr

pspr

I still think Romney will be the eventual nominee.

But, if it were to be Newt I can see some problems with his history as Speaker. Hillary has files of all the antics he did causing himself to be censured (or whatever it was). That means Obama has all that info.

Then there are 3 personality problems I see with Newt.

1) He has a sharp edge and doesn't have any patients with those he believes have wrong him. He is a "get even at any price" type of guy.

2) He comes up with some very good ideas but he also comes up with plenty of hair brained ideas. Like his idea to ignore Supreme Court decisions he doesn't agree with and talk of getting Congress to hamstring the courts. He was even a proponent of Manmade Global Warming for a while.

3) And finally, with the power of the Presidency I think Newt will wield that power with reckless abandon. We probably won't like many of the things that Newt tries to do while President. I think there would be a high risk of eventual impeachment even from a Republican Congress. It would be a battle royal like none other in the history of the country.

Romney might not be as well spoken nor have a history of leaning far right but he is the sane choice among the Republican candidates.

#28     Jan 22, 2012
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The winner of SC generally ends up being the republican nominee.

#29     Jan 22, 2012
  10. pspr

pspr

Just coincidink.

#30     Jan 22, 2012