Gingrich Wants A Middle Class 15% Tax Rate

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Nov 20, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

Gotcha Bozo... I AM THAT KID... I know quite a lot about both failure and success.

And I had no family to even "afford community college"... I worked and paid my way as I went.

#31     Nov 20, 2008
  2. Doesn't matter what Ging wants, the Dems will be in control for 8 years, and they won't give him anything. By 2016, Ging will be dying and the Repubs will have either regrouped or still be in ashes.

#32     Nov 20, 2008
  3. Right on. It took me 8 years to finish a BS and another 4 to finish my MS. People always ask, "why?" Because I paid my own way through as I went, there was no "home savings" to call when I had financial needs, I just ate less. Try working 40 hours a week, commuting and taking a full load at school, making Honors. We earned our degrees.

#33     Nov 20, 2008
  4. jprad

jprad

What you've just described is exactly how the public sector is compensated, an objective computation based on job specification, pay grade and length of service along with an annual performance bonus.

Do you really want the entire workforce to become government employees, if not in name, in spirit?

#34     Nov 20, 2008
  5. clacy

clacy

I wouldn't count the Republicans out for 8 years automatically.

In fact, don't be shocked if they pick up seats in 2 years and regain control in 4 (congress).

A lot will depend on whether Barack, Pelosi and Reed go apeshit with their majority or if they try to restrain themselves.

If they go apeshit, and the economy is still in the crapper, then the Republicans will swoop back in.

On the other hand, if they back off all of the tax increases and free healthcare, they might keep it for 8+ years.

Also, I wouldn't be shocked if Newt challenges Barack in 2012. He was close to running this year, but smart enough to see the writing on the wall (that virtually no Republican could have won this thing).

If he has some issues to run on, like higher taxes and a crappy economy, and he very well might, Newt is one of the few Republicans that can articulate conservative positions well enough to stand up to the populist Democrats.

#35     Nov 20, 2008
  6. bro59

bro59

That's why IRS Commissioner Pleasonton stated: "I regard the (income) tax as the one of all others most obnoxious to the genius of our people, being inquisitorial in its nature, and dragging into public view an exposition of the most private pecuniary affairs of the citizen."

He realized what a broad and sweeping violation of personal privacy this type of tax introduced into the lives of individuals. Of course, what happened was that in the long run there was an artificial selection for docility and compliance amongst the populace and people became servile.

The ultimate service of politics and law to the government is to, over time, select a population to be servile and compliant. China is in overdrive today trying to make this a reality. America largely has already accomplished it. In many ways it relates to urbanization.

#36     Nov 20, 2008
  7. jprad

jprad

Hey dipstick, I came from a similar background, BFD.

I didn't say you need to learn about success and failure, I said you need to re-examine your idea of it.

#37     Nov 20, 2008