Gingrich Wants A Middle Class 15% Tax Rate

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Consumption tax = freedom. Agreed.

I'm amazed at how we send forms to the IRS telling them all sorts of things the government has no business knowing, like how much we earn, while ACLU commie activists are defending the privacy of terrorists and drug dealers!! Those commie bastards never complain about the IRS forms!!

#11     Nov 20, 2008
  2. jprad

jprad

Prove it. Provide one example of where it's ever worked.

#12     Nov 20, 2008
  3. consumption tax

converts existing savings, that has survived every kind of tax ever envisioned by washington, and every kind of inflation ever imagined by the federal reserve, every kind of bear market and accounting fraud ever envisioned by wall street, and converts in back into PREtax income

why not just confiscate all existing savings, and charge savers with a felony for having had it?

#13     Nov 20, 2008
  4. clacy

clacy

15% tax rate is great, but how are we going to pay for "FREE EVERYTHING" that Obama has promised us, in addition to all of the fucking bailouts.

Everytime I turn on the computer or TV, all I see is more people asking for bailouts from the tax payers.

The math doesn't add up.

#14     Nov 20, 2008
  5. clacy

clacy

Yes, but it sure would promote saving with future income wouldn't it?

I've often wondered how much destruction would result to our economy if such a pro-saving policy was enacted.

This country's entire economy is built on spending, so an anti-spending measure would be a huge paradigm shift.

It would probably be a good thing 20 years down the road for this nation, but boy would it be painful in the first decade or so.

#15     Nov 20, 2008
  6. they tried to promote people going into math and science by fucking everyone who already did with h-1b

and now kids avoid it like the plague, not because they're stupid or lazy, but because their parents who've been there and done that tell them to avoid it

you dont promote something by fucking everone who already did what you're trying to promote - it never works

the audience you're trying to recruit never forgets what happened, they know that whatever they give blood sweat and tears for can be taken away in the blink of an eye - what they learn is that they're dealing with a system that cant be trusted

#16     Nov 20, 2008
  7. gnome

gnome

Easy. 15% tax rate for 85% of us, 85% tax rate for 15% of us. See how it all adds up?

#17     Nov 20, 2008
  8. just21

just21

#18     Nov 20, 2008
  9. clacy

clacy

Truth be told, I would guess that at least half of all Democrats would be in favor of this tax structure.

Afterall, it's all about fairness.

#19     Nov 20, 2008
  10. gnome

gnome

NObamanomics, 2nd term.

#20     Nov 20, 2008