Gingrich: Send U.S. Marshals to arrest uncooperative judges

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Dec 18, 2011.

1. wtf. here is republican thinking at its best. how is this different than dictitorial rulers in the middle east and on a religious ruling no less?

Newt Gingrich on Sunday hammered at the nation’s judiciary system, saying that if a court’s decision was out of step with American popular opinion, it should be ignored.

There’s “no reason the American people need to tolerate a judge that out of touch with American culture,” Gingrich said on CBS’ Face the Nation, referring to a case where a judge ruled that explicit references to religion were barred from a high school graduation ceremony. And Gingrich recently has said judges should have to explain some of their decisions before Congress.

Host Bob Schieffer asked Gingrich how he planned to enforce that. Would you call in the Capitol Police to apprehend a federal judge, he asked.

“If you had to,” Gingrich said. “Or you’d instruct the Justice Department to send the U.S. Marshall in.”

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...olice-could-arrest-radical-judges.php?ref=fpb

2. About a week ago Newt had almost pulled even with Romney on intrade,now he's at 13 % and Romney is at 65

I guess Newt was too crazy for the crazies

3. The GOP has come out in unison against Newt, that is why. When George Will does not like you, that is very serious.

4. I was hoping it was Newt,would have been so much easier for Obama :(

5. The dems will not get Newt. The GOP is smarter than that. I gotta admit I am impressed.

6. Me too, so when I tuned in to msnbc and saw that the GOP was ripping Newt a new one, I was actually disappointed. :D

7. If a judge's ruling were so radical, the judge could be impeached by Congress. And this is within the provisions of the Constitution. If Congress issues a subpoena, the judge is bound to comply. If he doesn't, he is in contempt of Congress and the Constitution. [​IMG]

Free Thinker, DAS Trader, and other leftists are a bunch of idiots, useful idiots to be exact.

8. Crispy

Crispy

He is not a Republican. He is part of the contingent that has stolen the GOP name only.

9. It was a Republican and a Republican Congress that made Bill Clinton's Presidency a success. I'll take Gingrich over Romney or Paul anyday, but I will support any Republican nominee over Obama anyday.

10. Bullshit.Didn't Bush have a Republican Congress most of his presidency :confused:

#10     Dec 19, 2011