Gingrich says Obama "has dumb ideas"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AlpineTrout, Feb 25, 2010.

1. The piece cites facts, dates and references. Here are those references:

"Newt Plays House With New Squeeze," by Timothy Burger and Owen Moritz, NY Daily News, August 12, 1999

"Newt's Fooling Around With His Girl On the Hill," by Andy Soltis, New York Post, August 12, 1999

"The Big One That Got Away," by David Corn, Salon Website, August 12, 1998

adulterous choir practice: "Personals", by Leah Garchik, San Francisco Chronicle, August 17, 1999 pE12

"Gingrich Won't Answer Woman's Adultery Story," Missoula (Montana) Missoulian, August 16, 1995page 1

"Tales About Gingrich make field level", Idaho Spokesman Review, August 16, 1995 pB6

"Gingrich Aided Export Firm That Employed His Wife", NY Times News Service, San Francisco Chronicle, February 7, 1995 pA7

"Gingrich, Critic of 'Business as Usual,' Helps Out Special Interests Like 'Any Member of Congress'", Phil Kuntz, Wall Street Journal, April 3, 1995 pA16

"Gingrich's political education", Jeff Gerth and Stephen Labaton (NY Times News Service), San Francisco Examiner, February 12, 1995 pA6

"IRS clears Gingrich donation that led to his House censure", Capitol Hill Blue Website, February 4, 1999

Ethics Committee Drops Last of 84 Charges Against Gingrich ,By Curt Anderson (Associated Press), Washington Post, October 11, 1998, Page A13

"Use of Tax-Exempt Groups Integral to Political Strategy", by Charles R. Babcock, Washington Post, January 7, 1997, Page A01

"Jump-Start: How Speaker Gingrich Grabbed Power and Attention So Quickly", Wall Street Journal, January 19, 1995 pA1

"The Inner Quest of Newt Gingrich", Gail Sheehy, Vanity Fair, September 1995 p147 "Gingrich, Murdoch reveal lobbyist's role at meeting", Katharine Seelye (NY Times News Service), San Francisco Examiner, pA1 "Murdoch, Gingrich Admit They Talked", San Francisco Chronicle, January 13, 1995

"The Mysterious Mrs. Newt", Martin Fletcher (London Times News Service), SF Examiner, January 15, 1995 pA4 "Newt's Near Misses", Ron Curran, The Bay Guardian, January 11, 1995 p10

"Newt, Inc.", Dennis Bernstein, Bay Guardian, February 1, 1995 p19

#11     Feb 25, 2010
  2. #12     Feb 25, 2010
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

We get it Gaby, you're a Canadian busy body liberal who hates Newt...because he's a conservative. (not that your opinion really matters)

But duly noted nonetheless.

#13     Feb 25, 2010
  4. No. I respect Ron Paul, although I don't agree with him on a number of issues. I neither respect nor agree with Gingrich.

#14     Feb 25, 2010
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

So you'll be <s>voting</s> uh cheer leading for Paul instead of Gingrich, should they run.

I'll alert the media.

#15     Feb 25, 2010

6. It all depends upon obama's objectives, from an economic perspective Newt is right, obama has dumb ideas.

However dumb ideas sell quite nicely in the political arena.

obama is expanding centralized govt just like fdr ( my favorite communist), it's all about the power of the elite, and the hell with the ramifications on the common citizen.

#16     Feb 25, 2010
  7. Try to stay on point. Maintaining focus must be like herding cats for you.

#17     Feb 25, 2010
  8. Mercor

Mercor

Newt: The man who made Clinton a good President.
    Look at a chart from after the 1994 midterm elections.....A significant change in the fundamentals. It was the end of 40 years of Dem house rule and in 5 years created a surplus.

#18     Feb 25, 2010
  9. no one here could beat Newt in an argument ..

and yes... Obama is full of dumb, outdated, disproven, "ideas"

GIVE ME A GREEN JOB!

#19     Feb 25, 2010
  10. Newt's ex wife's argument beat the shit out of Newt when he cheated on her...

#20     Feb 25, 2010