Gingrich lights up David Gregory and Tom Friedman on Meet the Press.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Sep 2, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

You have to love how hardcore lefties always switch back to being "journalists" with no opinion, when they are presented with an indefensible position. Funny how the avidly pro choice left doesnt want to defend their position on killing babies at 8-9 months, but the media never brings that up, or accuses them of extremism.

<iframe title="MRC TV video player" width="640" height="360" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/116428" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. pspr

pspr

We all know Obama supports infanticide. He's actually voted for it.

3. Too sad you want to say Obama want to kill babies. But really is not about that. This late term is if the mother can have septic infection and die from the fetus.
    I really think most girls will not abort the babies in 8 months. No, they will do that. But if they can die from infection from the fetus if they do not have abortion in the late term, I can understand. But YOU can not because you are not female.

4. Max E.

Max E.

First off, you dont know shit about me, I am pro choice, mostly cause of the economics of it, though i would NEVER kill my own baby, that is someone elses cross to bare.

Secondly Gingrich wasnt talking about cases where the mother could die from giving birth, he was talking about people who go in and kill their babies at 8-9 months.

You guys on the left love to point out how extreme santorum and the rest of the republican bible thumpers are, for saying that life begins at conception, but the fact of the matter is Obamas position of murdering a baby at 8-9 months is FAR MORE EXTREME. You can parse words all you want about when it becomes a baby, but you can not possibly deny that at 8-9 months, it is an actual living human being. The baby has a 95% chance to live at that point. Yet the left wing media never points out the extremism in that....

Obama opposed the “Born-Alive Infants Protection Act” three times. In the illinois senate, which was a bill that required the doctors to treat babies who were born alive after an attempted abortion. In other words, Obama actually supports the doctor murdering a living breathing baby that is outside of the womb, if the initial intention was an abortion. You still going to try to say it isnt a baby, and that isnt murder at that point?

Only 20% o f the country supports Obama's position, yet the republicans are supposedly the extremists.

5. What the hell are you talking about?

Seriously I'd be interested in reading a medical explanation of the example you are using as an excuse for a late term abortion.

6. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Obama know most girls instinct to be 8-9 months pregnant will not want to abort their baby. But if the law say NO ONE can have abortion in the 8 to 9 months, and septic shock happen to the mother, she can can have no choice and she will die.
    And that is what President Obama support. I think he give females this choice because he know instinct for females is to have thier baby. You can look and see most females is not really going to kill their baby in 8 to 9 months. And most females will not have to choose in 8 to 9 months because septic is rare.

7. I will ask poster Jem. Jem you have 4 children. So pretend your wife is pregnant again for another baby. Pretend she have the complications in 8 months and the fetus is cause a poison to her. To have the choice to stop the pregnancy and to save your wife to live and not die. Now she can take care of your children, OR you can say is wrong to have aborion for her, and she die. What will you do Jem? What if the law in YOUR country tell you is not allowed to stop your wife to die? Who can take care of your children Jem?

9. I'm sorry but as a medical professional, your scenario doesn't make much sense .

Either explain it or I'm gonna throw a trump card down and call BULL SHIT.

10. Very misleading

1.The bills Obama opposed was trying to undermine Roe V Wade

2.There is/was already a state law in ILL that makes doctors give care to babies who survive an abortion

http://blogs.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/a...ated-on-born-alive-infant-protection-act.aspx

Obama: Well and because they have not been telling the truth. And I hate to say that people are lying, but here's a situation where folks are lying. I have said repeatedly that I would have been completely in, fully in support of the federal bill that everybody supported - which was to say --that you should provide assistance to any infant that was born - even if it was as a consequence of an induced abortion. That was not the bill that was presented at the state level. What that bill also was doing was trying to undermine Roe vs. Wade. By the way, we also had a bill, a law already in place in Illinois that insured life saving treatment was given to infants.

So for people to suggest that I and the Illinois medical society, so Illinois doctors were somehow in favor of withholding life saving support from an infant born alive is ridiculous. It defies commonsense and it defies imagination and for people to keep on pushing this is offensive and it's an example of the kind of politics that we have to get beyond. It's one thing for people to disagree with me about the issue of choice, it's another thing for people to out and out misrepresent my positions repeatedly, even after they know that they're wrong. And that's what's been happening.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...is-born-alive-abortion-law-becomes-campaign-/

Illinois already had a law on its books from 1975 that said if a doctor suspected an abortion was scheduled for a viable fetus — meaning able to survive outside of the mother's body — then the child must receive medical care if it survives the abortion. The new laws didn't distinguish between viable and nonviable, meaning that an infant of any age that survived an abortion should receive care.

Because of the older law, Jessen is wrong when she says "if Barack Obama had his way, I wouldn't be here." According to the medical records provided by the organization that produced the ad, Jessen was born at 29 weeks, which would have been a viable pregnancy and subject to the older Illinois law requiring that she receive medical care. So it's not correct to say that Obama opposed that.

#10     Sep 3, 2012