Gingrich: I'm Going To Be The Nominee

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I wish I was that articulate.
    Seriously.

#11     Dec 2, 2011
  2. jem

jem

I suspect its far more simple than that.

Cain offered 999 - at least he had a plan.
    Gingrich once had a contract with america.

All the electorate is looking for a person with a plan to stop the crazy spending a person who will execute on it.

Cain showed them how simple it is. Make a better 999.

Just puts on a 11 percent fair flat tax 7 percent spending cuts.

11/7 plan.

#12     Dec 2, 2011
  3. Ron Paul has it covered and would balance our budget in 3 yrs time:

Mr. Paul’s “Restore America” plan calls for a drastically reduced federal government to help spur American business — a familiar theme for the Texas Republican and many of the GOP White House hopefuls. But unlike some of his Republican rivals who have released economic plans, the libertarian congressman mostly avoids the weeds of tax and trade policy, according to excerpts.

But Mr. Paul does get specific when he calls for a 10% reduction in the federal work force, while pledging to limit his presidential salary to $39,336, which his campaign says is “approximately equal to the median personal income of the American worker.” The current pay rate for commander in chief is $400,000 a year.

The Paul plan would also lower the corporate tax rate to 15% from 35%, though it is silent on personal income tax rates, which Mr. Paul would like to abolish. The congressman would end taxes on personal savings and extend “all Bush tax cuts.”

He would also allow U.S. firms to repatriate capital without additional taxes. Some lawmakers have recently proposed such legislation as a way to spur job growth. Its critics argue that a tax holiday for companies with money abroad has not historically led to domestic investment.

But the plan, at its heart, is libertarian. While promising to cut $1 trillion in spending during his first year, Mr. Paul would eliminate the Departments of Education, Commerce, Energy, Interior and Housing and Urban Development.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/...abinet-agencies-cut-taxes-cut-presidents-pay/

#13     Dec 2, 2011
  4. jem

jem

I just amended mine to say..
    all we want is a better 999

11/7 plan.

#14     Dec 2, 2011
  5. Another way of thinking about Paul's: run the federal government within its rights enumerated in the constitution and see most of our economic woes disappear as a byproduct. I interpret his plan as fixing the government, not fixing the economy.

#15     Dec 2, 2011