Gillette: Get Woke, Go Broke

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by bone, Aug 26, 2019.

1. bone

bone

2. MKTrader

MKTrader

Serves them right! The free market at work...

traderob, apdxyk, jys78 and 1 other person like this.
  3. I guess all the "real men" had a conniption. Makes you wonder who the real snowflakes are.

destriero likes this.
  4. bone

bone

My guess is that the Gillette Board of Directors had a conniption.

apdxyk, jys78 and speedo like this.
  5. The men who are tired of being called rapists, racist, hate mongers, etc etc etc etc by the liberal media just because they have different political views.
    Maybe you wouldn't mind a creepy 35 year old man following your 10 year old girl into the ladies room to pee. But other people object to that madness.

6. I'm guessing Kimberley-Clark made hay of it, with increased Kleenex sales to all the manly men who took umbrage at the Gillette ad.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  7. zdreg

zdreg

Either you are saying masculine men had a hysterical reaction to the ads or you don't know the meaning of the word conniptions.

apdxyk likes this.
  8. And THAT'S what you got out of the Gillette ad? I must have missed it when I blinked.

9. Oh, then you do understand. Splendid.

10. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

Gillette really missed the mark with that ad. For awhile now there have been a lot of people that want to draw a correlation between masculinity and things like bullying, physical assault, & sexual assault. There are a lot of men that consider themselves to be masculine that would stand up to try to stop things like that from happening. It's a mistake to broad brush masculinity as a bad thing.

I don't really care about this sort thing. I'm going to watch the NFL, wear Nike apparel, & use Gillette razors. But if I were running a company, I would probably choose to take a neutral stance on divisive political & social issues unless I was targeting a very specific demographic.

#10     Aug 26, 2019