Gillette Doubles Down On Insulting Customers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, May 28, 2019.

1. Gillette apparently learned nothing from its disastrous Super Bowl ad campaign painting white men as dangerous and toxic. They have unveiled a new ad that will seem to be from an alternative universe to most of its customers. In the ad, an African American man guides his trans "son", ie daughter, in learning to shave. Seriously. I am willing to bet that event has never happened in the entire history of the US, yet here we have Gillette desperately trying to show how woke they are.

Gillette Gets Woker: Celebrates Dad Teaching Transgender ‘Son’ to Shave
    12,680EmailRedditTwitter

[​IMG]
    Gillette
    NEIL MUNRO27 May 20198,671
    6:40
    Gillette’s latest advertisement sympathetically shows a woman “transitioning” to be a man with the help of male shaving products.
    The risky advert echoes the feminist campaign to blur the biological differences between men and women by suggesting that women can become men with the help of some Gillette shaving products.

The main character says:

Growing up, I was always trying to figure out what kind of man I wanted to become, and I’m still trying to figure out what kind of man that I want to become … I’m glad I’m at the point where I’m able to shave … I’m at the point in my manhood where I’m actually happy. It is not just myself transitioning, it is everybody around me transitioning.

The ad fades out, showing the corporate endorsement of the transgender claim: “Whenever, wherever, however, it happens your first shave is special.”

The advertisement tries to marginalize the public’s view that men should live up to their natural biology-based masculinity as a natural complement to women’s natural biology-based femininity.

Instead of associating their shaving products with the valued idea of masculinity, Gillette’s managers associate their products with the feminist claim that men’s masculinity is unrelated to biology and is instead “socially constructed” by vague forces in society.

This feminist claim that the two male and female sexes are “socially constructed” is a vital political foundation for the transgender movement, which is now urging many teenage girls and boys — including depressed girls and gay boys — to reconstruct their bodies with the aid of surgeries, drugs, and hormones.

But these teenage decisions have lifetime consequences. For example, teenage girls who start taking the male hormone testosterone quickly and irreversibly change the tone of their voice. A small but significant number of girls remove their breasts, despite the risk of pain and regret.

A growing number of “detransitioned” women are reversing their claim to have switched sex, and are protesting the lack of caution within the medical industry. “There is a rush to get hormones … even if you are not 100 percent sure you are trans,” one young woman argues in her Twitter channel, @gnc_centric:

... more at https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...nsgenderism-celebrates-daughter-shaving-face/

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I heard Netflix is suing Georgia for its abortion laws, too. Netflix. Really.

3. I saw a tweet that said " You are not allowed to have an opinion on abortion unless you have a uterus but you can compete in female sports without one."

Just another issue where elite media-generated opinion is totally at odds with that of normal people out in the country.

4. I wonder how they have standing to challenge an abortion law, but at least the majority of their customers probably agree with them. Gillette seems to be on a mission to alienate its customer base. Personally I prefer Shick anyway.

5. The Whiteys are still upset that blacks are allowed to sit anywhere on the bus.

6. UsualName

UsualName

If you’re married, I guarantee you had to wear your wife’s deodorant at least once in your life. I also guarantee your wife has shaved with your razor.

The point is these products are packaged one way but they are actually universal. So you can’t be mad that a transgender person is shaving with “man’s” razor, men and women do this sort of thing all the time.

7. The television streaming service Netflix announced Tuesday that they will rethink any investment in Georgia if the law passes, Business Insider reports.

“Should it ever come into effect, we’d rethink our entire investment in Georgia,” Ted Sarandos, Netflix’s chief content officer, said.

8. UsualName

UsualName

I also find it weird people are boycotting wrangler because a black kid made a country song with Billy Ray Cyrus.

We live in a country where half the population are scared of changes on the surface but a razor is just a razor and a song is just a song and a pair of jeans is just a pair of jeans.

Stop being outraged over everything.

Frederick Foresight likes this.
  9. Georgia is a popular state for filming TV and movie so they can simply talk with their dollars...

10. Maybe we will see ads showing you and Peizoe shaving your pussies.

Wouldn't that be special?

#10     May 28, 2019