Gifted trader: Andy Priston

Discussion in 'Trading' started by flipside21, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Yeah, if these women are the very best he can do then I must insist on seeing brokerage statements. At the very least he could hire some high grade prostitutes instead of swinging with some low grade chunky chicks.

I not only dont see the point of this thread, I dont see the point of this website where I have half the members on ignore.

#11     Apr 30, 2012
  2. http://mediaserver.thinkorswim.com/articles/BrokersOnTheRun.pdf

Priston’s trading is said to account
    for as much as :eek: :eek: :eek: eight percent of monthly
    trading activity in the Eurodollar futures
    contract on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.

The 28-year-old reportedly earns as much as
    $15 million per year and recently appeared
    in the annual Sunday Times list of richest
    Brits.

#12     Apr 30, 2012
  3. Oh no, not another legend...

#13     Apr 30, 2012
  4. I'm sure you are lining up far better-looking women every day of the week, lol. Typical internet BS.

P.S. 'high grade prostitute' is an oxymoron.

#14     Apr 30, 2012
  5. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

Yes. Traded at Refco/Mac. The London guys from Mac would visit Chicago a few times. Got to speak with him a bunch of times. Cool guy....was by far the best trader in that company.

#15     Apr 30, 2012
  6. AK100

AK100

I think you're gushing too much. If he's made that cash (and it's always a big when the media talk about traders, remember they're selling stories, not always facts) then he's good, very good but up against many others in this business he's a in the lower Leagues.

#16     Apr 30, 2012
  7. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

I stand corrected....the few times I traded on the same desk with him at Refco he was trading mostly Bunds. He traded very large positions...nobody traded the Eurodollar there. Must have been post Mac.

#17     Apr 30, 2012
  8. jordi742

jordi742

Hi ! And do you know how he traded? I mean , 2000 lots in bund looking for 3-5 ticks , outrights, spreads, flipping :confused:...

¿ Did he mainly watch DOM?

I've been told that he's now trading the ES in lots of 500-1000 in Montreal.

Thank u very much.

Jordi

#18     May 16, 2012
  9. This is ridiculous in it's face. You don't really believe any individual (even the head trader at a large institution) could ever be responsible for "a major percentage".

#19     May 16, 2012
  10. Yasuo Hamanaka? Paul Rotter?

#20     May 16, 2012