Gifted and Talented Traders

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by NoDoji, May 19, 2011.

1. volente_00

volente_00

Yes pattern recognition is one thing I have always excelled in.

I have a photgraphic memory and can pretty much remember everything in detail in my life starting from when I was 4 years old. This trait allowed me to excel in school without studying much at all.

What personality profile are you ?

#31     May 22, 2011
  2. You are gifted and talented (as perceived by others) while you are winning big, whether having an edge or not.

After you start losing or hit a rough patch, you are stupid and dum (as perceived by others), whether you have an edge or not.

AustinP is a crook and a liar and always will be. That is his personality trait, although he is likely highly intelligent, like most con men. So is Bernie Madoff.

If you manage to retire at the top of your results curve, you will be perceived as gifted and talented forever.

Richard Dennis is a genious, talented, and gifted (in my opinion), but after turning $400 into hundreds of millions, he lost even more hundreds of millions (of his and of investors) to the market. So is he gifted and talented or a stupid dumass like most of his late investors think?.

You are as good as your last few trades. That makes Volente probably one of the best of the best... at this point in time...

Strike while the iron is hot, and retire early. I wish I had known this years ago instead of, once again, dealing with this CRAP game of smoke, mirrors, pretenders and liars.

#32     May 22, 2011
  3. Lornz

Lornz

I'm curious, do have "full" eidetic memory? Can you memorize complete books word for word?

I'm an INTX and have fairly strong pattern recognition skills and a borderline eidetic memory. I think in pictures and can remember almost everything since I was about 4 too. I can "play" memories like I'm watching a movie and navigate within them as if they were the present. I cannot memorize large portions of text, though. I recall the meaning and can visualize most of the critical sentences, but I cannot replicate a text word for word.

#33     May 22, 2011
  4. Well said, Trader28.

#34     May 22, 2011
  5. Nah, Trader28 will do just fine :)

#35     May 22, 2011
  6. jnbadger

jnbadger

No. That's reserved for Donna.

#36     May 22, 2011
  7. A big dose of ego in this post. The mind can do amazing things. EVERY mind. Your cells have more talent and ability than the thinking mind can even comprehend. Can you imagine trying to "THINK" your way to cellular repair and autonomic function. Tap into the unconscious. Then money is superfluous because you will have what the richest most talented individuals would give everything to find.

A beggar was sitting on a box. Day after day asking for money. One day the Bodhisattva turned the box over and it was full of gold. It was there the whole time but the beggar couldn't access the gold or didn't know it was there for him to take at anytime....

#37     May 22, 2011
  8. Good one. While you were consciously crafting a clever albeit harsh retort your unconscious was either raising your stress related cortisol and associated hormones or if you found pleasure and humor with the action then decreasing them. It was hard at work while the impish conscious Ego was busy crafting devilish deeds.

Capice?

#38     May 22, 2011
  9. I sense anger......

#39     May 23, 2011
  10. Some traders avoid chip and some play it. To each his own i guess.

#40     May 23, 2011