Gift Ideas?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by EqtTrdr, Dec 19, 2006.

1. hels02

hels02

Good god, no wonder you people are career traders.:mad:
    :D

#11     Dec 20, 2006
  2. jtnet

jtnet

why not just fly under the radar and just send a pre-made and pre logo-ed holiday card like everyone else

#12     Dec 20, 2006
  3. some great ideas...

#13     Dec 20, 2006
  4. a chin omelette

#14     Dec 20, 2006
  5. A woman who has always had money is practical and semi-frugal??

LOL I sincerely doubt that. A woman who has always had money has always had the finest things in life and still demands such (Paris Hilton, Ivanka Trump, Nicole Richie, etc.....)

#15     Dec 20, 2006
  6. So, Mrs. Steven A. Cohen is a client of yours, huh? Sweet.

(True fact: Stevie met his second wife on an online dating site -- Match.com, I think.)

The gift: The harder it is to obtain or replicate, the more personalized to the receiver and the less practical, the better. Those are some general principles for gift-giving to affluent women, and people. Now, a few suggestions along those lines:

1) Your best bet is to make it yourself or have it made for her. Something one-of-a-kind that will hopefully strike a personal chord. Perhaps an art work or an antique map. Absolutely nothing store-bought, no matter what it is or what kind of store.

2) An alternative would be something rare found in nature, not (wo)man-made. Maybe some exotic feathers, corals, seashells, flowers. Hey, no endangered species, please. If it happens to be indigenous to a small island nation in the Pacific no one's ever heard of, even better.

3) A third option might be a bottle of a Grand Cru from a significant (to her, not to the wine) year. The year of her marriage, for example -- preferable to the year she was born (that works well for a man). If you can swing it, go for a Jeroboam or Methusalem bottle... sure, it'll cost'ya disproportionately more.

Yeah, I know, I said "nothing store-bought"... this is just in case you're having trouble with both options 1 and 2 above. You might want to talk to AmEx Platinum / Black Card Concierge for help getting it done. Good luck.

#16     Dec 20, 2006
  7. hels02

hels02

Heh, those aren't the typical super rich women, they are 'socialites', which are usually young and media obsessed.

But how do you figure that practical and semi-frugal does not equal the finest things in life? It just means you don't have to prove you have money by squandering it. Not that you can't or won't get what you want.

While all women are different, most super rich are very low key til there's a party. Then, it's a competition.

#17     Dec 20, 2006
  8. a couple of GS shares... that'll make her look smart... and while you're at it, you might as well buy yrself a few... and don't read too much into this post...

#18     Dec 20, 2006
  9. depending on what she's like--adventure travel is always a cool gift. if not, i'm sure you'll find some ideas in the latest issue:

http://www.robbreport.com/

surf

#19     Dec 20, 2006
  10. I guess you didn't watch SNL last week.

A 'Dick in a Box' is all the rage.

#20     Dec 20, 2006