Gibson Guitar The New Terrorist

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Sep 1, 2011.

1. #11     Sep 1, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

No worries, and thank you for the very undeserved, "sir".

The problem with Lacey (leaving out the run-a-muck CBP and OGDs for a moment) is that it is just another regulation that business has to obey, and they hate to obey regulations. Regulations are a drag on ROI. So much time and expensive man hours are devoted to workarounds in (big) business it's not funny. But keep in mind the caveat I mentioned in that other thread: it's not at all implausible that a Gibson competitor tipped off CBP. That's how savvy, modern business rolls.

Edit: have to share this slightly related quote:

If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen.
    ~Henry David Thoreau

#12     Sep 1, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Coincidental timing on this, by the way, since I'm answering a US CBP prior disclosure at this time myself, which is why I'm down to only a couple of hundred posts a day.

#13     Sep 1, 2011
  4. Obama is correct to stop terrorist American companies from attempting to defy our ally India.

We need India to help us against muzzies. American companies which insult India should be destroyed by Obama to send a strong message to not mess with our allies.

God bless Israel and all other countries which have a problem with muzzie terrorism. India is the largest arms client of Israel and we need to help them thrive, which means the Israeli lobby in the USA should screw American companies which screw with India.

#14     Sep 2, 2011