Giants win market up...boyaah!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nutmeg, Feb 5, 2012.

1. "....if you want to see the stock market go up for the balance of 2012 you should cheer for the New York Giants to beat the New England Patriots in tonight's Super Bowl XLVI in Indianapolis."

"It might be hard to believe, but this wacky indicator has been accurate 37 out of the 45 years the Super Bowl has been played. That's a record of 82.2 percent accuracy since the very first Super Bowl in 1967."

cont on link..

http://www.thestarpress.com/article...5008/The-wacky-Super-Bowl-Stock-Market-Theory

2. Awwwww shit....:mad:

The Giants won in '08 and Barry won the election...08

say it isn't so........:cool:

BRB....

(working on a new indicator)

:D

3. "A Super Bowl Loss Causes Fatal Heart Attacks"

who'd barry have money on?

:eek:

4. Checked it out guys, Barry bet on the Bears "woosh' time warp..

In other news....

"75% of Obama supporters believe the Patriots will win.."

There ya go...

5. Nikkei up ....:cool:

6. l‹C‚¨Î‚¢Œ|lƒI[ƒhƒŠ[‚ªƒX[ƒp[ƒ{ƒEƒ‹PR‘åŽg‚ɏA”CB‚¨“ñl‚ªo‘è‚·‚éƒNƒCƒY“®‰æ‚Í•KŒ©‚Å‚·B

(Everyone in Japan is very bullish tonight.)

7. You might also want to consider this fact however:

XLII Feb. 3, 2008 University of Phoenix Stadium (Glendale, Ariz.) New York Giants 17, New England 14

SPY start of 2008 (according to Yahoo data) : 148.53
    SPY end of 2008 (according to Yahoo data) : 90.24

JJacksET4

8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Correlation, causations, schmausation....

Fact: Major cities with more country radio stations have more suicides. What conclusion do you derive from that fact??? Obviously, country music kills people. :)

Since the Super Bowl/market correlation should go back to the mean, it is more likely that the market will go down, me thinks, but I only play a statistician online....

9. AK100

AK100

So many 'records' broken yesterday.

As 90% of them are totally meaningless here are some more for the 'record books' -

Most consecutive Super Bowls in history, effortlessly beating last year's record

Brady: Most cumulative super bowl passes (he sets a new one there every time he throws)

Manning: Another new record (who would have guessed!) as he threw the most passes ever for a Giant's QB in a 2012 super bowl (this record has a good chance of never being beaten or even equaled).

Giants: A new franchine record! Most Super Bowls ever!

Halftime: Yes, you guessed it, another new record was set: First ever half time show in 2012 plus the most cumulative half time shows of the 21st century (this one I think will be beaten next year)

And on and on the records keep coming and tumbling.

I'd love to know how many offical NFL records there are, probably in excess of 10,000. Knowing US sports they probably have a 'new record' for the total amount of records set :)

10. CET

CET

Mods, move this thread to chit chat where it belongs.

#10     Feb 6, 2012