Giants or Angels World Series 2002

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TriPack, Oct 19, 2002.

1. It reminds me in some ways of the Minnesota - Atlanta series in 1991.

#11     Oct 27, 2002
  2. I am for the Angels, because they don't allow toddlers in their dugout.

#12     Oct 27, 2002
  3. I was talking to a friend of mine tonight, and we couldn't think of anyone who is a sports superstar who is as egotistical as Barry (I don't include Randy Moss or Deon Sanders in the superstar league).

Sure, Ali claimed to be the greatest, but it was mostly part of his act, and he was great with the media and sportswriters, who liked him.

Jordan, Tiger, Magic, Montana, Gretzky, Sampras, Jerry Rice are all class acts, even though they were among the best that ever played their respective sports.

I remember watching Barry last year during the regular season, when he hit the ball and just stood there admiring it. Well, the ball fell short of clearing the wall, bounced off the wall, and the right fielder threw Barry out at first base.

Tonight, it was quite satisfying to watch Barry stumble around in left field. A 5 tool player? Not any more he isn't, and one has to wonder if in his prime he ever had an arm after watching Sid Breem as he lumbered around the bases to score in Pittsburgh's playoff series with Atlanta 10 years ago.

Barry Bonds may go down as one of the greatest baseball players of all time, but he will never be loved by the fans. When you think of guys great guys like Mark Mcguire, Cal Ripkin, Tony Gwynn, Derek Jeter and others, Barry is little but an athletically talented blemish on his sport.

Go Angels!!!

#13     Oct 27, 2002
  4. I think the Rally Monkey has mystical powers. It can't be a coincidence that the hitting spree started when the Monkey came on the screen.

Go Angels!!

#14     Oct 27, 2002
  5. That monkey phenonemon sure is something - gotta love that team. I don't believe in destiny but it sure seems like they are on a mission. I think the spanking they gave the Yankees gave them a sense of "we can beat anyone". They surely deserve to win after all they've done this season. It's a shame the old Cowboy couldn't see it, but Jackie's sure having a great time.

Nice family they were. I used to live in LA and remember they also owned a radio station KMPC along with the Angels. Classy bunch.

#15     Oct 27, 2002
  6. My favorite Rally Monkey

[​IMG]

#16     Oct 27, 2002