"Giant Asian Smog Cloud Threatening Millions"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chasinfla, Aug 12, 2002.

1. http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20020812/sc_nm/environment_asia_cloud_dc_3

Hmmm. Wonder what it's doing? Is it waving a gun around? Is it saying, <i>"Hey you! I kick you solly butt!"</i> I think this is what the term <a href="http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/change/cloud.shtml">'mean cloud cover'</a> means.

I'm not worried, though. The UN is on the case. Well, I am worried about how much they're going to make Americans pay for it, since it's obviously our fault.

2. Rigel

Rigel

"Cloud threatening the lives of millions of people!"
    I have an image throngs of people running down the streets looking over their shoulders and screaming "the croud, the croud, lun for your rives!!".:p
    The modern version of "The sky is falling", and it really is the sky, really. You'd think they could be more original.
    First the crisis,
    Then the solution.
    Beware the solution.

3. Like one of those old Tokyo horror movies.

4. rs7

rs7

Guys I work with think I am crazy because I refuse to even look at the stock of Dow Chemical. All I can think about is Napalm and Agent Orange. I guess I keep a grudge:mad:

Peace Guys,
    War Sucks!
    The Government needs watching!!!
    (But not abandonment)

RS7

5. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

what's the solution??? i mean what's it going to cost??? can you say GLOBAL TAX? sure, i knew you could!!!!

6. Rigel

Rigel

"He said extensive research was needed"
    Modern science. First a possible "crisis" is identified, and then "extensive research" is proposed. The people that proposed the "crisis" and their cronies now have 5-10 years of lucrative employment with no supervision and no one able to verify their work. All they end up doing is spending a few hours a week collecting data, making a few grahps, and BS'ing the media from time to time. I'll bet that 99.5% of the time it's nothing more than a scam.